Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shorpy All Stars

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
web.jpg

A couple of nice Panama's

One, anyway.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Is the 3rd guy from the left wearing a Lord's hat or just a bashed Homburg? I really want a Lord's hat for my collection.

Since a "Lords Hat" is nothing more than a Homburg less the brim edge binding and with a centerdent/front pinch crease in it, you should be able to get most custom hatters to make one for you.

InsolentPuppy

A-List Customer

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I love seeing vintage color photos. It doesn't even matter if they have been colorized or is they were original color film. They always seem to bring the old pictures to life so much more than black and white. Its like when I look at a black and white photo from the 30's, I say to myself, "man, that looks like a million years ago," but when I see a color photo from the 30's is always like, " you know, those people in the photo don't seem that different than me." I have always felt that there more of a connection to the time when looking at color film. It kind of brings history to life.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I love seeing vintage color photos. It doesn't even matter if they have been colorized or is they were original color film. They always seem to bring the old pictures to life so much more than black and white. Its like when I look at a black and white photo from the 30's, I say to myself, "man, that looks like a million years ago," but when I see a color photo from the 30's is always like, " you know, those people in the photo don't seem that different than me." I have always felt that there more of a connection to the time when looking at color film. It kind of brings history to life.

Interesting observation about "reality" in photos. having come from a generation that grew up on B&W as being "real" in both still photography and TV and movies, I don't see any difference. Definately a generational thing :)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Randolph Street in Chicago: 1900

The left hand track in the middle of Randolph Street is part of the cable car line operated by the North Chicago Street Railroad between 1888 and 1906. This line was built and run by Charles Tyson Yerkes, the much hated traction magnate of Philadelphia, Chicago, and London

4a08135a.preview.jpg

http://www.shorpy.com/node/10839?size=_original

EggHead

Practically Family
TCMFan25, that old photo has a very nice perspective and a 3D look, which is unusual. In the old days, they tried to have
everything in focus.

EggHead

Practically Family
But, they are in baseball uniforms. What did you expect them to be wearing? Construction hardhats?
:)

Yes, I also noticed that hats match the rest of their garb.
When someone asks nowadays why I wear a fedora instead of a ball cap, I answer - I am not playing baseball right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass