Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

I've just finished a similar dress to the one Goldwyn Girl has made, Simplicity 3780 -
9ed2458b0f52074b16953311a2b88afc.image.143x181.jpg

I don't think it is exactly the same but near enough :)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
Everyone has been so productive :eusa_clap I love everything. I have been making curtains, so boring, but I did make this a short while ago. In all the unpacking confusion I can't find the pattern but if anyone really want to know which one I used I will look for it.
100_0391.jpg

Gorgeous as always! Super dress! I'm also keen to know the pattern number of that one when you find it.

I'm still working on fitting the bust on my Simplicity 9621 but promise to post as soon as it's finished, which will probably be in about 4 weeks time knowing me!!!:)

olive bleu

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Oh, GG, you always look so divalicious :)

I sewed again this weekend :) Its not that I want to be so productive, weather it be drawing, sewing or working on the computer, I have a compulsive need to make.

More blouses. These are almost too easy.

front-26.jpg
front-25.jpg

And two pairs of shorts, or rather one pair twice. I cut the first pair too small (thats what I get for working with a wrong sized pattern), so I cut a second too large, and pieced the back to the small front and vice versa. Seemed to work pretty well.

And Pink Dahlia..that outfit is adorable!

front-27.jpg

Everything I made this weekend can be seen here.

LD

All fabulous once again LD! The blouses are so pretty.

I don't know what is up with me, i have skirt that is done except for the zipper and i am so unmotivated to sew summer clothes, which i need badly! I am instead dreaming about wool skirts! Maybe i am just sick of the heat already, i am waiting for fall!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
olive bleu said:
I don't know what is up with me, i have skirt that is done except for the zipper and i am so unmotivated to sew summer clothes, which i need badly! I am instead dreaming about wool skirts! Maybe i am just sick of the heat already, i am waiting for fall!

I get that way, too. In fact, I just ordered some heavy cotton twill for a couple fall dresses.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Pink, for some reason, I've got "Anchors Away" running through my head now. Very cute.
GG, another lovely dress. I wish I could wear red. Nothing beats a lady in red!

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
olive bleu said:

I have the opposite problem! Right now it's the middle of winter, and FREEZING! (I just moved from a very warm state with no winter to the mountains in a very cold freezing state :p) and all I can think of is pretty cotton dresses! I actually had to go and buy some wool from work so I could make some winter clothes.

Hahah I say that like it's a bad thing :p Actually the best thing about it is that finally I have motivation to sew! I'm sick of shopping for winter clothes that only last a month or two! I want some pretty, nicely fitted stuff!

My pencil skirt is almost done, and then I can start on my Simplicity retro jumper dress :D yay!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl said:
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. Here is the pattern. It's not vintage but I liked the style and felt it had a vintage feel to it.
Every time I go to the fabric store, I look at that pattern. Now I know I have to have it! It really does have a nice, vintage feel to it. What fabric is the red dress?

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Goldwyn Girl that is a most gorgeous dress!

Woo! I finished my pencil skirt! :D I hope to wear it to work tomorrow, so I'll make sure my boy snaps a pic of me before I go to work so I can upload it. I hope to get a couple of dresses done today!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Lovely things, everyone! I love how patriotic we all are :)

Here's my latest. From vintage rayon fabric from the expo at Santa Monica, vintage buttons from an estate sale, and modern cotton eyelet trim from the garment district:
playsuit1.jpg

playsuit2.jpg

playsuit3.jpg

It's the one in the top most view. A little deceptive from the pic, since the skirt is actually cut straight and not at an A line, but still super cute!

Sunny

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Oh, GG, you always look so divalicious :)

I sewed again this weekend :) Its not that I want to be so productive, weather it be drawing, sewing or working on the computer, I have a compulsive need to make.

More blouses. These are almost too easy.

front-26.jpg

I HAVE THAT FABRIC!!!! :eusa_clap

Except I'm going to make an 1860s sheer dress out of it. Something like this. ;)

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
YAY I finally get to post something here that's actually vintage! I made this dress over the weekend:
The front:

The Back:

Close up of the fabric:

And on me this is the closest to the actual color:

I made it from this pattern:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou