Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Rosie

One Too Many
My big gaudy sweater guard

Not sure where I'll wear this but, I wanted to make it.

http://images14.fotki.com/v335/fileCXMA/75ee5/8/867574/3770161/IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Snookie

Practically Family
Oooh, I saw the sweater guard last night, but now it's gone! It was cool though -- very sparkly! How does it work? Does it actually guard your sweaters?

Rosie

One Too Many
I'm really not sure what's going on. I'm posting pics the way I normally do and I've never had a problem before. I don't know what else to do. I even posted them on a different site.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
J056150.1L.jpg

Sweater Guards are 'mini necklaces' with clips on the ends that keep a sweater pulled closed at the neck while the wearer has it on without having to button it.

This is one I bought from Rubylane.com

LD

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RetroModelSari said:
Lady Day I LOVE it!!! I saw so cute vintage-like fabrics today!!! I can´t wait to start my sewing-classes and than I gonna buy it ALL and start making pretty dresses, too!
Did you start your classes?? I am starting private lessons, I hope, this week. I opted for the private class because the woman who teaches them is willing to lead me through the making of a complete dress or two. The group classes that I found around my way give you patterns, and you never really get the one on one attention that I know my clumsy fingers are gonna need!
I'm interested in knowing how you are doing with it. I'm a little nervous that I just won't get it all.

Rosie

One Too Many
Daisy, you'll be fine. Once you've made a thing or two, you'll be totally addicted. Make room for all the fabric, vintage and other wise you'll be accumulating.

Vanessa

One Too Many
How I spent my weekend. (ruffling endless yards of fabric) It still needs finishing touches, and the bodice isn't fitted yet, but it's probably 80% done. Not very 40's I'm afraid. . .but the 19th C was my first love.

1870sPurpleBallgown002.jpg

Front view

1870sPurpleBallgown010.jpg

Side

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vanessa said:
How I spent my weekend. (ruffling endless yards of fabric) It still needs finishing touches, and the bodice isn't fitted yet, but it's probably 80% done. Not very 40's I'm afraid. . .but the 19th C was my first love.

1870sPurpleBallgown002.jpg

Front view

1870sPurpleBallgown010.jpg

Side
WOW Vanessa, that came out incredibly! It is amazing. Will you be bringing it to the Queen Mary, I'd enjoy seeing it in person. I just love that era of clothing. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it.
Daisy

Vanessa

One Too Many
Thank you. I was in full crunch-sewing mode, but I'm very pleased with how it's turning out.

Rosie - it's not beading, but a tassled trim. There will be beading once it's complete though.

Daisy - I'd love to bring it to the QM, but it's a little too early time-wise to be appropriate. I'd look sorely out of place when everyone else is strolling in their slim, non-corseted, non-petticoated, non-bustled evening gowns. (And it's also a hell of a lot to pack. :D )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21