Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Here's my latest Sense and Sensiblity Swing Dress. It's 100% cotton broadcloth. While I love the print, the fabric didn't soften up much during the pre-washing. I hope a couple turns through the wash will do the trick. I haven't put the shoulder pads in, yet. The sleeve heads are so stiff, it doesn't really need them, like my rayon versions of this dress.
1458774040_db7157fa03.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Great coat hotrod_elf! Love the color especially.

I'm copying these pajamas

items838.jpg

and I found this fabric, which I think is a pretty good match

wbbedding2_1970_38981213.jpg

Hopefully, I should get the fabric next week.

I've been a regular assembly line over here lately with 4 dresses nearly done. I'll post pictures soon.

shebagrl

Familiar Face
kamikat said:
Here's my latest Sense and Sensiblity Swing Dress. It's 100% cotton broadcloth. While I love the print, the fabric didn't soften up much during the pre-washing. I hope a couple turns through the wash will do the trick. I haven't put the shoulder pads in, yet. The sleeve heads are so stiff, it doesn't really need them, like my rayon versions of this dress.
1458774040_db7157fa03.jpg

Oh Kamikat, that is lovely! I bet that neckline is so flattering, too. I was wondering just today about a way to soften up stiff fabrics...have you seen these bumpy plastic balls you put in the dryer to fluff and soften towels? http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2272967&cp&kw=dryer+balls&origkw=dryer+balls&sr=1 It says that it helps soften fabrics without chemicals...I was thinking of trying them out myself and thought I'd share it with you. It could just do the trick!

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Just a 'heads up' girls on a pattern I found at the weekend.
Simplicity have extended their anniversary range and I bought this pattern:
But I'm going to make the jacket minus the pockets as they add weight to my already child-bearing-size hips.
index.cfm

Scroll down to 3688 and click on the photo. Making it in a black/charcoal pinstripe.
K

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Kitty_Sheridan said:
But I'm going to make the jacket minus the pockets as they add weight to my already child-bearing-size hips. Making it in a black/charcoal pinstripe.
K

Please post your thoughts on this pattern--I'd love to hear them (and see a photo of the finished product too)!

Your comment about your hips made me chuckle. I have the same figure type; I joke that my bride price would have been increased by many ewes had I lived in biblical times!

ShortClara

One Too Many
I have been so inspired by you marvelous ladies on the Lounge. I used to sew a lot, was a costumer and seamstress for a while, but I haven't done it one a regular basis in quite sometime. I've been trying to figure out I want to make first! I know I want a pair of Rosie overalls, but I think I might make a dress first.

I have a passion for novelty prints, but most modern ones are woefully lame in my opinion. I have finally found a fabric I'm in love with - but I can't decide if I want a swing dress with puff sleeves or more of a 50s style with a big skirt. What do you think?

fortunecookie.gif

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Has anyone made McCall M5529 before? I think this jacket is really cute with the gathered peplum and think it would be neat to make out of some alpaca fabric I hope to pick up during my upcoming trip to Peru.

M5529.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
Has anyone made McCall M5529 before? I think this jacket is really cute with the gathered peplum and think it would be neat to make out of some alpaca fabric I hope to pick up during my upcoming trip to Peru.

M5529.jpg

I haven't made this (but I might now!)--just chiming in to say your trip sounds so cool! How long are you staying there?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
ShortClara said:
I have been so inspired by you marvelous ladies on the Lounge. I used to sew a lot, was a costumer and seamstress for a while, but I haven't done it one a regular basis in quite sometime. I've been trying to figure out I want to make first! I know I want a pair of Rosie overalls, but I think I might make a dress first.

I have a passion for novelty prints, but most modern ones are woefully lame in my opinion. I have finally found a fabric I'm in love with - but I can't decide if I want a swing dress with puff sleeves or more of a 50s style with a big skirt. What do you think?

fortunecookie.gif

Either would be adorable but I vote for 50's style since I'd like to see as much of that fabric as I could. Where did you find it by the by?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
imoldfashioned said:
I haven't made this (but I might now!)--just chiming in to say your trip sounds so cool! How long are you staying there?

:eek:fftopic: I'll only be there for a week. My father lives in Lima, so we'll just be going down for a brief stay over the holidays.

ShortClara

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
Either would be adorable but I vote for 50's style since I'd like to see as much of that fabric as I could. Where did you find it by the by?

Oh, here's the link - it's so fab, isn't it? Most of the modern novelty fabric I see is more for kids stuff, not for adult-types (or older folks pretending to be adults ;))

http://www.hartsfabric.com/37588.html

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
ShortClara said:
Oh, here's the link - it's so fab, isn't it? Most of the modern novelty fabric I see is more for kids stuff, not for adult-types (or older folks pretending to be adults ;))

http://www.hartsfabric.com/37588.html

Thanks for the link Short Clara--I'm thinking about starting a modern novelty patterns thread to share some of my links but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

KittyT--Still, a week is very cool. Great that you have relatives there--have a great time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou