Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Smuterella said:
what's a jumper?

to me its a sweater

to me it's like a dress that you wear a shirt under! :)
fe2e_1.jpg

Smuterella

One Too Many
thats what I thought. see I was looking and saw a real cute pinafore dress and no jumper (read sweater) and was really confused

Aurora

One of the Regulars
I think we should all be armed with an American English/British English dictionary! :D

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
I have a fab pattern for one of those in a decent size. Not made it yet.
I call it a pinafore, but it gives me bad mental images....school age 16 being made to wear them:eek: British Boarding school...euuch

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Aurora said:
I think we should all be armed with an American English/British English dictionary! :D

Hahaha don't forget Australian!! I think our language is most similar to British, but it does still differ! To me a jumper is a pullover :D That 'jumper' is just a dress!

TackyAnnie

New in Town
Thanks

Snookie said:
Tacky Annie, that jumper is super cute! You should make it in every color. I made a similar jumper and get zillions of complements on it. Princess seams are so flattering.

FYI, if you're interested, my favorite fabrics for (swing) dancewear are crepes and gabardines, in rayon, wool or :eek: a poly blend (love to be able to wash and wear...). Look for fabrics with a nice drape, and your skirt will move beautifully. Wool crepe and gabardine isn't that much trickier to sew than cotton, and won't be as stiff.

Again, amazing job for a first go!

Thanks, Snookie! I'm here to learn from the experts!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
To me a Pinafore dress is like the type Patty MacCormack wears in the bad seed.
:eek:fftopic:

I LOVE that movie!!! Just don't wear shoes with taps on the heels when you wear the pinafore!lol

Smuterella said:
this evening i made this, but I'm not hungry enough to try it

2008_0305cake0019.jpg

anyone for a slice of fresh cream cake?

I guess it's all gone now :(

In which case, it's off to Druckers for a cream tea for meeeeee.

A jumper is a jumper that you wear on your top, made out of wool usually. A jumper is not the thing that the man does in the film. A pinafore dress is a jumper too apparently. So confusing.

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Last_Chael said:
Hahaha don't forget Australian!! I think our language is most similar to British, but it does still differ! To me a jumper is a pullover :D That 'jumper' is just a dress!

I'm so sorry, I did assume that Australian English was the same as British English, with a different accent ;)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
LolitaHaze said:
Eee!! I have that pattern!! I really want to make it too. Ruffles and all!
I want to see pictures when you do. I have been looking for a ruffly pinafore dress pattern as I think I'm Polly Benedict.

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Mars Bar Couture

I finally have pictures of the evening dress I made to wear to Phantom of the Opera. Here is the image I based my dress off:

I called it 'Mars Bar Couture' :p The dress is made of chocolate brown charmeuse, with a caramel coloured chiffon sash and I had a 'nougat' coloured purse. And as my manager pointed out, it may contain traces of nuts ;) I put buttons up the side, but it's still a little tight to get on, so I might go back in a put in a zip under the buttons. I'm really happt with how it turned out, and got so many compliments for it! :D

You'll have to excuse the raw edges on the sash, I just wasn't able to hem it! I was staying at my mum's place and she uses industrial machines, which scare the bejeebus outta me! I was glad I was at least able ot do the hem on my dress :p

Hope you like it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff