Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
Nice pants and clam diggers Lady Day! I made some high waisted pants recently from a modern Butterick pattern.

IMG_3468-1.jpg

IMG_3489-1.jpg

Snookie

Practically Family
So so super cute Lotus!! Great everything - fit, color, buttons. Were the buttons original to the pattern or did you add them yourself? The pocket especially looks SHARP! (what would you think about pressing a crease into the front/back of the legs? Yay or Nay?)

So what fabric/pattern is that?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks, Lotus.

I second Snookie's curiosity on creases, they do make a pant drape better. I put some in the front of my grey slacks (up to the pocket) and they look so much cleaner :)

Im starting to think I could hav made mine about an inch longer. I dont like pooling of the leg, but when I walk you can see my socks (I make sure I wear the loudest socks I can come up with :p) you all think thats okay?

LD

Smuterella

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Im starting to think I could hav made mine about an inch longer. I dont like pooling of the leg, but when I walk you can see my socks (I make sure I wear the loudest socks I can come up with :p) you all think thats okay?

do you have nice socks?

sartorially the hem of the trouser should reach half way down the heel of the shoe you plan to wear them with.

in my opinion, if you had to go either way... its better to go longer than shorter. but then I have a thing about too short trousers - I have to stop myself from telling people in the street when I see them wearing theirs too short. Its especially fellas - and given they wear trews nearly all the time you think they'd be able to get it right!

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
Thanks Snookie, Lady Day, postivelypinup, and Smuteralla! I am happy
with the way the pants turned out. :)

Good call on the creasing Snookie and Lady Day. I did not think about that but now that I look at the photo, you are right. I think the pants would hang better.

The pattern in Butterick4995. I was attracted to the somewhat vintage design of the pattern. The buttons are called for in the pattern, as are the pockets. I believe I got the grey wool at Michael Levine.

The pattern comes together really quickly! It was a little tricky for me to get the pockets/placket sewn together correctly but that's because it was my first time putting in pockets.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lotus-great pants! They inspire me to give my pant pattern another go.
Pink- great dress! Is that you in the piccy? Wow! Either you've lost a bunch of weight or this dress does wonders for you!

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
I finally finished the hem on this wrap skirt two days ago. I graded them up to size 20 from a 40's skirt pattern of mysterious size I got off the bay, which fortunately turned out to be an approx size 18 pattern, so there was less grading to do than I feared. The fabric is a bright tomato red rayonpoly blend I had on hand when I decided to take a crack at the pattern. It sadly doesn't quite match my nice dark red shoes as can be seen, but according to my grandma, it doesn't matter! what think y'all? :p

Next time I make another, I am facing the front with another fabric instead of doing a rolled hem. Excuse the overexposed lighting and wacky pose (I was thinking it'd look nice to emulate the model's pose on the 40's pattern envelope... lol )

DSCF0131.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That skirt is darling...Miss Darling :)

I was tired, but instead of going to sleep, I made some skirts.
The pattern is from an 'easy sew' simplicity I have. The entire skirt is one piece of fabric. Ive made the pattern before, but this time I put a zipper in for the closure instead of buttons.

front-2.jpg
front-1.jpg
front.jpg

side-2.jpg
back-1.jpg
back.jpg

They were fun, and obscenely simple, but made of wool (center is black denim) so no summer wear. *sigh* I should of waited.

Now onto summer dresses!

LD

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Lotus, thos pants are simply DIVINE! I have major problems trying to fit store bought pants (I have a high waist, narrow hips but really huge thighs) so I've been looking for a nice wide legged pattern. That is such a gorgeous pattern, and looks so easy, I'm going to pick it up at the next pattern sale!

LD you make things so quickly! Your pants are very cute and those skirts are gorgeous! You have great style!

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
Thanks Last Chael! I definitely recommend the pattern.

JupitersDarling, and Lady Day, cute skirts! :)

I just finished my first swing jacket yesterday. I am happy with it for a first try. There are some things I would do differently though if I make it again.

IMG_3513-1.jpg

IMG_3511-1.jpg

IMG_3509-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou