Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

spiff

New in Town
Thanks all. I was especially happy that I didn't have to take in a bunch at the side seams like I seem to have to do with all the vintage patterns I've done so far. The only fitting I did was the darts in the back. Brownie points for a girl who is always super excited to finish a garment. It's like Christmas all over again!

closer+up.jpg

I found the buttons at the Antique Expo.

BoPeep - It was nice that the "perforated" pattern clearly marked out where they wanted you to make the stitches for the scallops. I had to clip five or six times into the seam allowances for each scallop and trimming it short to make everything round out.

I had to laugh when I saw this picture of original vintage 40's shorts. Scallops were a lil' tricky even then.
hobbes001.jpg

Next time I make this dress Swinggal I will make a copy. Which I should be doing anyway to preserve the original!

Scarlet Belle

Familiar Face
spiff said:
Thanks all. I was especially happy that I didn't have to take in a bunch at the side seams like I seem to have to do with all the vintage patterns I've done so far. The only fitting I did was the darts in the back. Brownie points for a girl who is always super excited to finish a garment. It's like Christmas all over again!

closer+up.jpg

I found the buttons at the Antique Expo.

BoPeep - It was nice that the "perforated" pattern clearly marked out where they wanted you to make the stitches for the scallops. I had to clip five or six times into the seam allowances for each scallop and trimming it short to make everything round out.

I had to laugh when I saw this picture of original vintage 40's shorts. Scallops were a lil' tricky even then.
hobbes001.jpg

Next time I make this dress Swinggal I will make a copy. Which I should be doing anyway to preserve the original!

Eeeeekkkkkk SO cute!!!! And I love the dodgy scallops on the shorts...hahaha. :eusa_clap
The thing is, no matter how sqewiff something ends up you can just say it was meant to be that way! You were being creative! lol lol

Grant Fan

Practically Family
hailey greenhat said:
Late on this but, i made this patter two years ago and the shoulders are too wide for me (i in no way have narrow shoulders) the straps are constantly falling down even after taking it in the back. The first time you made it up were your shoulders too wide?

Honestly the first time I made it I botched it so badly that i couldn't even attempt to try it on. That's what I get for looking at the pictures and not following directions.

palespider

One of the Regulars
Christi.adell said:
This thread is amazing! A lot of inspiration and just plain out lovelyness.

Here's M5226. I saw this shirt on Gertie's blog and HAD to make my own I loved it so much.

It's not perfect (like hers) and I wish those tattoos weren't there, but I like it:
4815679219_b7b4ffff20.jpg

if it means anything i really like your tattoos from what i can see and they look very well done. your shirt is very cute on you too

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
Christi.adell said:
This thread is amazing! A lot of inspiration and just plain out lovelyness.

Here's M5226. I saw this shirt on Gertie's blog and HAD to make my own I loved it so much.

It's not perfect (like hers) and I wish those tattoos weren't there, but I like it:
4815679219_b7b4ffff20.jpg

Love the shirt!! I'm obsessed with polka dots!! I also need to start making shirts to go with all hte skirts I have...

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
Palespider, Scarlet Belle - Thank you about the tattoos. :) They really aren't terribly done or anything, it's just one of those things that bug me when I want to dress up.

Lorelai99- Thank you! I love polka dots as well. This was a 5.00/yd rayon from etsy. Etsy takes way too much of my money!

swinggal

One Too Many
I finally got an adjustable sewing dummy this week!! Brand new for $70 out of the community paper. Woohoo! So....now i can get back into sewing again and mend all the vintage stuff I've been meaning to fix and and get some projects started!! So much easier with the dummy!

Scarlet Belle

Familiar Face
Christi.adell said:
Modern pattern but I was in desperate need of shorts. Plus you can't beat $3/yd fabric.

4832235252_8439a0bf9c.jpg

I ADORE the whole outfit! You look gorgeous! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I love my little shorts, I got them from a modern shop here in australia, and they are perfectly high waisted, with little cuffed, A-line leg parts that go mid thigh, almost like a coulotte. I wear them to death in the summer!!

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
Christi.adell said:
Palespider, Scarlet Belle - Thank you about the tattoos. :) They really aren't terribly done or anything, it's just one of those things that bug me when I want to dress up.

Lorelai99- Thank you! I love polka dots as well. This was a 5.00/yd rayon from etsy. Etsy takes way too much of my money!

Yes it is an addiction!!! I have said many times that I need a support group for that addiction as this one just makes it worse!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails