Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Josephine

One Too Many
I made this dress a few weeks ago but finally had occasion to wear it. Unfortunately the neckline turned out rather low (and I didn't extend the bodice any and the waist line sits above my waist), so I had to sit upright all the time so it didn't gape and my lingerie peep through! Which you kind of can see. :)

CherryDress1.gif

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Josephine, it's lovely! I have that pattern, but haven't made it. It's always inspiring to see them made up. I think mine will have to wait until it warms up again, though.

Jovan

Suspended
lyburnum said:
My latest production: my wedding dress! It was made from this pattern, but I added the bow at the back

B4918-1.jpg

161007003.jpg
161007007.jpg

Now I just have to keep it in a safe place for 10 months and hope my boyfriend doesn't see it!
Taking time out here to say... that is lovely. I love simple wedding dresses like that. I imagine it's going to save you and your boyfriend a tonne of headache down the road, too! Good going. :)

Returning to the other forums now!

Wonderful Josephine!:eusa_clap love THE CHERRIES!
Josephine said:
I made this dress a few weeks ago but finally had occasion to wear it. Unfortunately the neckline turned out rather low (and I didn't extend the bodice any and the waist line sits above my waist), so I had to sit upright all the time so it didn't gape and my lingerie peep through! Which you kind of can see. :)

CherryDress1.gif

ShortClara

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Just dive in. You should see my early zippers...

:confused: On second thought, no you shouldn't lol

LD

I am not the queen of zippers either and I have to put in a side one in the next couple of days. OY! I have found that basting it in place makes it 1000% better. I'm a pinner, not a baster (I never baste anything they say to the pattern), but it sure helps the zipper process.

epr25

Practically Family
I just sold the original pattern of this not to long ago on ebay.

6a5a_1.JPG

Jovan said:
Taking time out here to say... that is lovely. I love simple wedding dresses like that. I imagine it's going to save you and your boyfriend a tonne of headache down the road, too! Good going. :)

Returning to the other forums now!

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
pinkcorset.jpg

This one is my latest. I have been in the most absurdly pink mood lately! I look awful in pink, so I'm just going to have to keep it to underthings. :D

Next i need to make a chemise so I can actually wear this. I've been procrastinating because chemises are terribly boring. Le sigh!

BV - Lauren recommended the Truly Victorian patterns, and she's absolutely right. They're wonderful!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That is beautiful! Most of the handmade corsets/cinchers I have seen are just wonkyly constructed, but wow, this is so nice! Can you turn it over so I can take a gander at the inside construction?

LD

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
BettyValentine said:
pinkcorset.jpg

This one is my latest. I have been in the most absurdly pink mood lately! I look awful in pink, so I'm just going to have to keep it to underthings. :D

Next i need to make a chemise so I can actually wear this. I've been procrastinating because chemises are terribly boring. Le sigh!

BV - Lauren recommended the Truly Victorian patterns, and she's absolutely right. They're wonderful!

Beautiful! I am in the process of mocking up a corset using 3 patterns over laying each other. (I know, what was I thinking) I can only hope that mine turnes out half as nicely as yours!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Betty Valentine, that corset is amazing!!!! Excellent job! Size wise, did you go down much? If I go by my measurements I am a commercial size 14 or something silly but end up taking in about 3 or 4 inches off each side seam!

Next year I will be making Victorian stuff so the pattern recommendation is helpful. A whole lot of us are going to have a corset making session. My friends do tudor re-enactment so are more used to corset making than me. :)

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
The Homecoming Outfit

This is the first thing I have made that I think is worthy of showing. This is the sweater and hat the baby will come home in. This is also the first garment I knit and had to piece together. I learned how to knit on double point needles for the hat. I am pretty darn proud, I am a perfectionist, and I can't find much to pick at :)

We don't know the gender, but my husband helped pick out the yarn. There is a lot of pink, but in person, the colors look more like a beautiful sunrise. The camera had a real hard time with the colors.

47b7ce00b3127cce98548b41331c00000037100AbuHDJk0bNmJg

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
Wow!! Congratulations, a little baby that's wonderful!!! The sweater and hat are beautiful!! I love the color!! I can't knit, I'm too impatient!! How many days did it take to make it???

Antje

One Too Many
BettyValentine said:
pinkcorset.jpg

I love the way it looks,
did you really made it yourself,
cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn