Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Lyburnum, your dress is beautiful! I wouldn't worry about being over done because it is a small wedding. I only had 30 people at mine, and it was formal as all get-out (well, the ceremony, the reception was very informal). I wore an Elizabethan inspired gown with a veil and my hubby wore (I don't know tux terms very well) cut-away tails in dove gray with an ascot. Of course, it depends on time of day as well, we got married at 6:30 so it was in the evening, and those tend to be more formal anyway.

My motto that day was to do what ever made me feel good, and be damned with what other people thought I should do.

Cassie, those overalls are ADORABLE!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, I totally want to make myself miniature and steal those! Unless you happen to be about 6' tall and a size 10, then I can just simply steal them without the extra hassle lol

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Moodle said:
It's not a vintage pattern, but I just finished knitting this cardigan about a week ago, so of course I'm showing it off everywhere I can think of.

I love that cardi! I just picked up that Interweave. I've never done cables like that, only vertical. Was it hard? I'm a relatively new knitter. Do you think I can do it?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
lyburnum said:
My latest production: my wedding dress! It was made from this pattern, but I added the bow at the back
161007003.jpg

Just stunning! I agree that a bolero would hide the beauty of the dress, but unless you know for sure that your officiant is ok with a strapless dress, I would make one, just in case. Back when I was making wedding gowns for a living, I remember having to make a shrug for a customer in about 2 days because the bride didn't think to ask the minister about her dress sooner than that. He told her he would refuse to do the ceramony if she came into the church in a strapless dress.

lonestarcasie

New in Town
A blanket "THANKS OODLES" for the sweet comments on my overalls. I had wanted a pair for so long, I finally had to take it upon myself. I'm blushing with pride. So much fun to share with folks who have the same passions. I'm becoming a Fedora Lounge junkie.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Moodle said:
It's not a vintage pattern, but I just finished knitting this cardigan about a week ago, so of course I'm showing it off everywhere I can think of. Heehee. I know the pictures are a bit huge; I was trying to show the detail--it didn't throw my thread window off, but if it screws up anyone else's window, let me know and I can resize them.

FinishedYoke.jpg

YokeCloseup.jpg

I know that pattern Moodle! It's from the last Interweave and it looks amazing! Well done! And I think anything knitted should be considered vintage bacause you are making it yourself!

Great work and can't wait to see what you knit up next!

Moodle

New in Town
kamikat said:
I love that cardi! I just picked up that Interweave. I've never done cables like that, only vertical. Was it hard? I'm a relatively new knitter. Do you think I can do it?

Kamikat, I'd say you definitely could! The cabling bit works mostly like vertical cables, you just start them by making five stitches out of one--tricky, but straightforward, and it's all explained quite well in the directions. I had to pay quite close attention to the cables, but that's only twenty rows' worth of attention. And the rest of it is really simple construction; everything's knit in tubes and then joined together at the shoulders, so next-to-no seaming. Go for it, for sure; I love mine! :)

ShortClara

One Too Many
Lady day you astonish me!! You're such an inspiration! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap as Borat would say, "Wa Wa Wee Wa!"

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I cannot wait to see this one in person LD--stunning work as always! I wish you had your own dress line for retail--I'd buy everything you make.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
lonestarcasie said:
000_0014.jpg

000_0016.jpg

Here are some overalls I just made from a vintage pattern. I have wanted a pair of these for so long. I did end up adjusting the pattern. I had to make it smaller and I took the pleats out of the pants. It is also really supposed to be a detachable bib, but I knew I just wanted overalls, so I sewed the bib on permanently. I am so happy with them and they are super comfy!

These are amazing, I love them! May I ask what pattern you used?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace