Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
dakotanorth said:
redstar.jpg

brownplaid.jpg

twoblue.jpg

[/IMG]
Dakotanorth, all i can say is WOW! So amazing!! I love them all.

PS

A-List Customer
I finally finally finally made something! I've been sick all month and have barely glanced at the sewing machine or books I bought to being self teaching. I came across a super simple idea yesterday a fleece scarf. My 5 year old said he wanted to make one for his grandma. I thought I am sure I can at least guide us through that.....
712hz14.jpg
[/IMG]
So between the kid and I we made a scarf. He wants to make another!! He has big ambitions, he wants a hat and glove pattern now...Gigi must match! I am just happy we made something. My fabric for the Butterick 4790 is in the dryer now....

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Goldwyn Girl that dress is gorgeous!! I bought that pattern recently to make for an afternoon tea, but completely ran out of time! Seeing it made up really amkes me want to get in and make it!

leaette

A-List Customer
BeBopBaby said:
I knitted a pair of cabled fingerless gloves in a cashmere yarn. I like wearing these in the car, the steering wheel is cold in the morning!

IMG_0594.jpg

Sorry you can't see the stitch detail better. The yarn has a sheen to it that reflects my camera flash.

really pretty bebop! i love that color of green.
i frogged 2 wrist warmers yesterday. i thought it was me being the problem, but decided it was the yarn i was using. (once you gave it any kind of pressure to stretch, it wouldn't recover. it stayed stretched). i was thinking they would be good to drive in too. and also use at the computer. my right hand gets so cold when i'm surfing around.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Well, I was hoping to show y'all pics of my New Year's Eve dress, but once the party started, I was either busy in the kitchen or dancing my butt off. If some friends got better pics, I'll share them, but here's the best one I have.

2156559816_9e68e74a49.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
~*Red*~ said:
Beautiful Kamikat! That color is gorgeous on you! And is that fresh color on your hair?;) I like it!

Thanks!
OT: yes, it's fresh color. I tried Redken "rocket fire" and while I LOVE the color when fresh, within 2 weeks, it had completely faded, so I did a fresh application of the rocket fire in their semi-perm just for the party. I think I'll go back to Logics. It wasn't as bright, but it stayed fresh-looking longer and wasn't as damaging on my hair.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
leaette said:
really pretty bebop! i love that color of green.
i frogged 2 wrist warmers yesterday. i thought it was me being the problem, but decided it was the yarn i was using. (once you gave it any kind of pressure to stretch, it wouldn't recover. it stayed stretched). i was thinking they would be good to drive in too. and also use at the computer. my right hand gets so cold when i'm surfing around.

I have the same stretch problem when I make hats from acrylic yarn. They stretch out and won't go back into shape. You should try using a wool - Patons has a nice inexpensive Merino wool that is pretty soft that you can find at the craft stores. And Michael's is having a 30% off of all yarn sale right now. If it stretches out, you can always reblock wool.

leaette

A-List Customer
i have a HUGE bag of wool yarn in my stash. i'll have to look thru there.
and yes, i was using an acrylic yarn. it was a chenille type yarn. it's so soft and warm so i figured it would be good for wrist warmers. guess not.

glass susie

New in Town
Hello all you talented ladies.
I've not been on here for a while so I've just had a great time going through this thread.
Not much, but I did make our 4 year old, Wilfred, an outfit for a school performance recently. His class sang some Sound of Music songs so I made him some play clothes out of curtains, as Maria does in the film. He loved wearing them! He was put at the front of the stage as none of the other parents had made the effort!
Apologies for the photos but my hubbie had the camera so I had to use my mobile phone.
Image014.jpg

Image015.jpg

Image013.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Great work Kamikat and Glass Susie.

Here's a hat I made. It's just a prototype and it's mostly pinned together at this point. I need to rework the pattern. I wish I was better at math. There must be a formula to these things. It's a lot smaller on me of course. I'll sew the final on by hand. I can't machine sew curves very well yet.

Picture977.jpg
Picture978.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Okay I made a yukata (aka cotton kimono). By the time I find one I like in Japan I'm usually out of money. So I decided to make one. Usually girls wear these with an obi but I just decided to make the tie belt like you get in hotel rooms.

(Pay no attention to my mussy hair & complete lack of make-up.)
l_98569fe57c310017b44dbd70f220b0d3.jpg

Fabric close up:
l_2ae45b5d784bf58d929f74f64aade857.jpg

Does it look a little big? I went by my measurements but it feels a little big on.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
anabolina & RedHotRidinHood

Thank you ladies. That just shows how much I know. I was at the fabric store saying "that's pretty pink" not "ooh that calico will look great!" lol

I want to make another one without the contrast and use some pretty Japanese print fabric.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Looks lovely, Pink.

I have been meaning to make up this pattern for some time.
Simplicity3359.jpg

Goodness gracious, this was the most COMPLICATED collar I have ever done! Took me an hour on the mock up JUST to figure out how it was to be attached! :eusa_doh:

I still think I did it wrong. The directions were skimpy, but I got it made. I made it out of some nice wool fabric I got in the fabric district for $1 a yard! The yolk is linen, and the collar and cuffs are wool I was saving for a skirt, but what the hey!

I have enough of the red left over to make a great 40s shirt. Woo hoo!!!

dress3359.jpg

dress3359-2.jpg

I left the pleat in the back bodice (as shown in the drawing) but took it out in the front skirt, mainly because I forgot to put it in :eek:

I may make this dress one more time, but now that I have worked most of the kinks out, I think Ill have more fun with it.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats