Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I love seeing how the vintage patterns look made up, thanks for the photos!

Kamikat, any chance of getting a closeup of the top of the dress? There's a lot of detail there on the pattern envelope.

Love that shirt Lady Day! Those buttons (and the button card) are fab too.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
I posted this in the "What are you wearing today" thread. I think it will be appreciated a little more here. Sorry for the redundancy.

I wore it to work at the library, and then later swing dancing.

Forgive the tightness of my curls-- I had just taken out my rollers, so they're a little too tight. They got much looser (and better looking) as the day went on.
50s2.jpg

The peasant blouse is made from vintage fabric-- Grandma said she bought it between '58 and '60 and it's been in the closet ever since. I used Sense & Sensibility's Regency Underpinnings Chemise pattern to make the peasant blouse-- I shortened it by about a foot, added fabric to the sleeves to make them poofy, and put an elastic band in the sleeve hem.
The skirt is made from my grandmother's instructions. It's made from broadcloth and the hem is hand-sewn, which took me about two hours :( All in all, the outfit took me about 3 hours to make, including the 2 I spent hemming the skirt.
50s3.jpg

The crinoline petticoat I'm wearing is about 25 years old-- a hand-me-down. The pearl necklace and earrings belonged to my grandfather's mother.
The shoes were only worn for the photo, and then later for dancing. I wore a different pair of black heels for work and for walking.
50s4.jpg

Sorry for the background clutter and silly faces-- I'm no good with the timer, and the only place I could find to rest the camera was in the office, which has since been cleaned and organized.

anabolina

A-List Customer
Very cute blouse Maggie, and I like your hair with that beautiful color and curls.

I've been looking for a similar pattern to this for awhile. There was a totally cute blouse posted on sewretro back in 2007 and lo and behold I got the exact same pattern. Needless to say I've been excited to try it out. The sleeves have 3 darts to shape them and the shirt is a little short. The next time I make it, I will add several inches to the bottom, but leave the ties where they are.

The Pattern:

4995_1.jpg

My (unironed) version:

DSC00579.jpg

Closer View:

DSC00583.jpg

Just the Collar:

DSC00582.jpg

Brunettebeauty

New in Town
All you lovely ladies are so talented! I love seeing what you have created. I am definitely not near your abilities, but I like to try. Seeing what you have made gives me inspiration!

Lillemor

One Too Many
There are some fantastically skilled ladies here!:) I'm so envious I actually find it hard to look at some of the things some of you made.:eek:

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Okay, so I finally bought a zipper. Here is my 40's skirt (and the first piece for my vintage SWAP that kamikat inspired! Thank you for the inspiring idea!) I made it on Sunday last and I think it came out a little bit of all right!

SWAPSkirt.jpg

SWAPSkirt2.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Great skirt! I've made that pattern and it sure looks better on you! With a flatter tummy, you can actually see the cool waistline :D

Inky

One Too Many
That turned out wonderfully, Miss Merl!! I just received that pattern in a wonderful barter exchange and can't wait to make it up (i have to wait until the new kitten settles down a bit to sew again on the dining room table!!)

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Lauren said:
Not vintage, but I finally finished my 1830s corded petticoat and little bustle I started two years ago.
cordpet05.jpg
cordpet06.jpg

Holy Macaroni! Beautiful detail...you must have the patience of a saint! Well, that's one more item finished that you won't have to do in "project purgatory"---Kudos! :)

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
Antje said:
Kamikat, your dress looks lovely,

I'm trying to make this one right now, the one the lady is wearing

2q9goz7.jpg

I have that pattern too :) I have a material similar to the one the model is wearing ,but instead of grey its tan and brown. I can't wait to see yours

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Inky and Kamikat, Thank You both so very much! I can't wait to make my next skirt, it is a vintage Vogue next! I love to wear skirts when I substitute at school, so few people dress nicely these days and in my opinion no where near "well." It is fun to buck the standard!

maybelaughter

Familiar Face
Lauren said:
Not vintage, but I finally finished my 1830s corded petticoat and little bustle I started two years ago.

this is beautiful! your lines look so straight! how many hours did you put into it? you must be very patient...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner