Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
Miss Sis your blouse is a beautiful shade of rose, I've never thought of using a dress pattern for a blouse, will definitely try this myself.
Kamikat love the peep hole neck and mini cherry fabric on your blouse.

Finished this caplet this evening, hopefully get to wear it before the British summer starts! I'll wear it with a little grey pencil skirt. I found this a little challenging with all the stripes, but worth the perseverance.
caplet.jpg

Shirin

A-List Customer
I made these this week, with Vogue 8604. I highly recommend that pattern, it really is "very easy vogue". Please excuse the plain face & hair.
4528117129_00b89ff77e_b.jpg

BoPeep

Practically Family
Great cape, poggelberry! I love things made up in stripes although the cutting and matching can be crazy.

Shirin, fabulous overalls! Is this a repro pattern? I love what highwaisted styles do for the mid-section. They look great on you!

zendy

A-List Customer
Shirin said:
I made these this week, with Vogue 8604. I highly recommend that pattern, it really is "very easy vogue". Please excuse the plain face & hair.
4528117129_00b89ff77e_b.jpg
SOO SOOO SOOOO ADORABLE! Fantastic job.

Shirin

A-List Customer
I adapted Vogue 8604, from high waist pants to overalls using this photo for inspiration.:)
genemarteau.jpg

I'm going to make them again in white or bone for summer. maybe bring up the hem too, like in the photo.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Hi Shirin,

I also have vogue 8604 & I love it too! Have you made up the skirt & the jacket? The skirt is sooooo easy & looks fab. I'd be interested to know if you've made up the jacket? I'm thinking of making it, but substituting the regular collar for a peter pan collar. Do you think it would work?

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
Hollywood Patterns 1169

Lovely capelet, Poggleberry. The colors are wonderful.

The overalls are adorbable, Shirin! I like the rows of stitching at the waistband. Nice touch.

Hot off the sewing machine: Hollywood Patterns 1169. Just the skirt. I transferred the skirt pattern onto grid paper and cut out a muslin test...and used the last of my muslin to fit the skirt. I still haven't traced the jacket pattern. I have black cotton twill, theoretically just enough for the entire suit but I need to transfer the jacket pattern so that I make best use of the fabric. I really wanted the skirt and had just enough of this novety cotton/linen blend.

The front:
4529728724_6c5fc66447.jpg

and the back:

4529728726_325f9c59f9.jpg

All the seams, except the side with with zipper are frenched. I used a zipper, even though the instructions said to use "regulation closure," which looks like snaps on the instruction sheet. The zipper seam was almost flat-felled (not topstitched from the right side). I didn't plan the border hem very well, and only left enough for a narrow hem, rather than the 1 1/2" hem. I prefer a longer skirt anyway.

Shirin

A-List Customer
lolly_loisides said:
Hi Shirin,

I also have vogue 8604 & I love it too! Have you made up the skirt & the jacket? The skirt is sooooo easy & looks fab. I'd be interested to know if you've made up the jacket? I'm thinking of making it, but substituting the regular collar for a peter pan collar. Do you think it would work?

I have not made the skirt yet, but here's my jacket. A peter pan collar would work, most definitely. I haven't added the button holes yet on my jacket. I like the cape feeling it has.
4529363983_cfa918d3e5.jpg
4529362733_13f04dff2a.jpg
4529359613_a2fdba4165.jpg

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Thanks Shirin, that looks lovely, it's so good to see the jacket made up. Funny you should mention that you like the cape feeling. I was was thinking of only using one large button at the top, rather than the 7 buttons. I will definitely do that now.
Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo