Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Scarlet Belle

Familiar Face
My first go at setting finger waves using normal hair combs in lieu of water wavers. Its a little messy, which im sure will get neater with practice, but I was pretty happy with the result!

IMG_5499.jpg

Scarlet Belle

Familiar Face
:) Thanks gals! It was super easy to do...I just pushed each wave up with a normal hair comb, held it there with a bobby pin. The back was just done with my normal pincurls, then put a beanie over it to flatten it until it dried.

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
Very nice, I love how the soft waves culminate into a bunch of soft curls.

Tourbillion said:
I did 30's hair tonight for the opening of the Petersen Auto Museum's exhibit Automotivated: Streamline Fashion and Automobiles. It was fabulous by the way.

I should have done the photos before, but here is what was left of my hair and makeup when I got home:

2010-NewPhotos117.jpg

side view:

2010-NewPhotos110.jpg

I did soft waves on the top and curls at the ends to disguise my below shoulder length hair. I realize that I am really starting to look like my dad's mother--except that I am about a foot taller than her. Or, maybe it is just the hairstyle.

Also, thanks ladies for the compliments - and the eyebrows are helped out A LOT by pencil and shadow. ;)

swinggal

One Too Many
Scarlet Belle said:
My first go at setting finger waves using normal hair combs in lieu of water wavers. Its a little messy, which im sure will get neater with practice, but I was pretty happy with the result!

IMG_5499.jpg

Ah ha!! Very nice! I do love my water waving combs but your's has worked out well with the short ones too. Keep and eye open for water wavers on ebay.

Inky

One Too Many
Thank you for this Swinggal!! I bought a bag full of water wave combs while on vacation and though I just plan to use them as combs, it's good to have this info in case I'm ever moved to try it! very cool :)

Scarlet Belle

Familiar Face
Nice one Swinggal! You know it was your gorgeous photos of your own do with the water wavers that inspired me to try this! Ill keep looking for the longer ones, but the short ones seem to be working ok in the mean time! :)

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
Okay so I've got pincurls to an art, I think. I take a shower and put my hair into two braids. Then I wear it all day and at night I take it down and pull it into curls. In the morning I have nice Shirley Temple ringlets. However... when I brush it out it just gets huge and fluffy. Nothing I do seems to settle it down.

Any advice?

I've tried adding moisture but it makes it worse!

Marla

A-List Customer
Lady Jessica said:
Okay so I've got pincurls to an art, I think. I take a shower and put my hair into two braids. Then I wear it all day and at night I take it down and pull it into curls. In the morning I have nice Shirley Temple ringlets. However... when I brush it out it just gets huge and fluffy. Nothing I do seems to settle it down.

Any advice?

I've tried adding moisture but it makes it worse!

Have you tried smoothing it with a "frizz-ease" product? The key is to get one that is applied to dry hair. Most of them are for wet hair, and will weight your curls down.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Could i just say how fantastic all you ladies look, it was this thread that really inspired me to try and make an effort with my hair every day, i will post some pictures when i have mustered up the courage!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails