Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

decodoll

Practically Family
All of them absolutely gorgeous, Jitterbugdoll! I saw that romper when it went up, and my first thought was, I bet Jitterbugdoll will bid on this! ;) It should make for some really cute photos.

That babydoll pump and clutch set is to die for!!

I won this yesterday :) :

30spurplefloraldress7.jpg

VintageJess

One of the Regulars
Jitterbugdoll,

All of your stuff is just too cute! You have a fantastic eye! I agree with Decodoll, in that romper will look great in pics! Can't wait to see them!

missy

New in Town
McCalls 6820

Dear Miss Neecerie-

I am a new member and have been vintage sewing for about a year now. I especially am in love with forties fashion. I wanted to ask you about the McCalls 6820. Right now that is a pattern I am deperately searching for and can't find anywhere. I wanted to ask if you would be interested in trading copies of patterns-I have many beautiful patterns from the forties and I am a size 16-forties 16. I have made many copies out of newsprint or sewing paper and would love to trade with you for the the McCalls 6820-copies only. Please let me know if you might be interested!

Thank you-

Missy

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
missy said:
Dear Miss Neecerie-

I am a new member and have been vintage sewing for about a year now. I especially am in love with forties fashion. I wanted to ask you about the McCalls 6820. Right now that is a pattern I am deperately searching for and can't find anywhere. I wanted to ask if you would be interested in trading copies of patterns-I have many beautiful patterns from the forties and I am a size 16-forties 16. I have made many copies out of newsprint or sewing paper and would love to trade with you for the the McCalls 6820-copies only. Please let me know if you might be interested!

Thank you-

Missy

I could do a copy for you, it just might take a little while. Send me an email to neecerie@gmail.com and we can work out details. ok?

Denise

decodoll

Practically Family
They're all so cute, Rebecca D!! I love the fruit necklace. I have a ton of millinery fruit just like that...maybe I should try my hand at making a necklace.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Here are some of my latest cute purchases:

a light yellow coat-dress (is that the right expression?)
ff_1.JPG

and this is the cute yellow hat that comes with it:
d8_1.JPG

The dress and the hat will be perfect for fall I think :)

This amazing swimsuit and I just PRAY it will fit!
c7_1.JPG

This lovely repro of a book from the 40s!
cover.jpg

I have really outdone myself!!!

Caledonia

Practically Family
RetroModelSari said:
Here are some of my latest cute purchases:

a light yellow coat-dress (is that the right expression?)
ff_1.JPG

and this is the cute yellow hat that comes with it:
d8_1.JPG

The dress and the hat will be perfect for fall I think :)

This amazing swimsuit and I just PRAY it will fit!
c7_1.JPG

This lovely repro of a book from the 40s!
cover.jpg

I have really outdone myself!!!

Retro, you really have. These are gorgeous purchases. I would kill for that coat and hat in particular, so watch your back ;) I gave up looking for the coat dress in my size, so I've found a fantastic pattern instead. Will post as soon as the camera arrives at dock again!

Shimmy Sally

I don't really make many purchases, other than garage sales and thrift stores. I managed to inherit quite a bit and I get things as gifts from people who want to unload their "old junk".
Here are a few of my shoes:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sallysalleyjewels/album?.dir=/56ac&urlhint=actn,ren:s,1:f,0

I'll be adding MANY more pictures. I haven't even begun to catalog my coats, dresses, gloves, shoes, hats, purses, glasses, patterns, buttons, books, collectibles, housewares, etc. My 30s-40s jewelry alone will take a couple days to photograph and transfer.
Plus I plan to get some photos from 20s-50s professionally scanned. The ones I've scanned myself don't look very clear.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I saw that romper when it went up, and my first thought was, I bet Jitterbugdoll will bid on this! It should make for some really cute photos.

Actually, I did buy that one with the intention of wearing it for a July 4th-themed photo shoot :) It's simply darling in person!

The polka dot set is a real find, and it went quite inexpensively, too.

Love the dress, Decodoll--that's something I would wear! Bet the colors look great with your red hair :)

Rebecca, I love this one:
2268.jpg=600

Cute coat dress, Sari! I bought a copy of the hairstyling instruction book, too; the directions are pretty good.

Sally-I like this pair:
8074scd.jpg

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
Thanks Jitterbugdoll. I think I'm going to do that dress in white with red topstitching and red buttons. I can't wait to get it!

Hey Decodoll, have you ever considered making fruit hair clips? I've been searching high and low for fruit pieces to wear in my hair for those days that flowers bore me, but I don't think I would know how to put a bunch of fruit on one hair clip. All I ever find are those cheapo cherry clips, but I'm looking for vintage (or vintage looking) bananas, pears, strawberries, grapes, and other bright stuff. I also like to wear berries and holly around the holidays.

Also, fruit is really fun to wear as a sweater pin. Have you ever tried doing that? I was in that gross dollar store on 16th and Mission a few months ago and found a bunch of vintage looking fruit for a buck a bunch, all of which are now sweater pins.

And yes, Ladyday, vintage trousers look fabulous! Stop telling yourself otherwise!

decodoll

Practically Family
jitterbugdoll said:
Actually, I did buy that one with the intention of wearing it for a July 4th-themed photo shoot :) It's simply darling in person!

The polka dot set is a real find, and it went quite inexpensively, too.

Love the dress, Decodoll--that's something I would wear! Bet the colors look great with your red hair :)

Thanks, Doll!

And I can't wait to see the photos!

Rebecca D said:
Hey Decodoll, have you ever considered making fruit hair clips? I've been searching high and low for fruit pieces to wear in my hair for those days that flowers bore me, but I don't think I would know how to put a bunch of fruit on one hair clip. All I ever find are those cheapo cherry clips, but I'm looking for vintage (or vintage looking) bananas, pears, strawberries, grapes, and other bright stuff. I also like to wear berries and holly around the holidays.

Also, fruit is really fun to wear as a sweater pin. Have you ever tried doing that? I was in that gross dollar store on 16th and Mission a few months ago and found a bunch of vintage looking fruit for a buck a bunch, all of which are now sweater pins.

I actually have been planning to do sweater pins. :) I hadn't really considered hair clips. I'd feel like I was cutting into my friend, The Diva Pinup's turf. I'll mention the idea to her though. :)

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
The Diva Pinup's stuff is amazing! I was planning on buying one of her butterfly clips and a bunch of flowers soon, but if she plans on making fruit hair clips I'll have to spend even more of my non-existent money on her stuff.

decodoll

Practically Family
She'll be thrilled to hear you think so! Don't hesitate to contact her if there is ever anything hair clip related that you don't see on the site, but would like to have. She likes to do custom requests. They definitely are a great price. I got to be her assistant hair flowermaker this past Friday, and a lot of work goes into them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav