Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
I have a big weak spot for silver and marcasites! I got these two little clip on earrings and a sterling silver and mother of pearl brooch on ebay.

!CFFRmJwBWk~$(KGrHqZ,!hIE0fkiNNpQBNU!hCs9+w~~_1.JPG

!CE5L16g!Wk~$(KGrHqR,!kwE1LC7oFIqBNTZVFuC5Q~~_1.JPG

jessesgirl08

One of the Regulars
Not actually a purchase but wasnt sure where to put this..didnt see a thread for "show us what you inherited" [huh]so im gonna put it here feel free to tell me where i should have posted it. ;)I have now inherited my hubby's mothers sewing machine it is this exact model, since i have never used a machine like this before i am anxious to try it out.
juki-industrial-sewing-machine_5300982.jpg

Last edited:

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Very nice Jessegirl! think there is a thread for inherited things.. but I can't find it either. never mind, eh!

I have myself been at it again! Here are a couple of jewellery purchases I made today on eBay.

Bakelite 40s earrings
!CEzYv8Q!2k~$(KGrHqV,!mEE1GCTmy!OBNTEJ9)Em!~~_1.JPG

and a Sarah Coventry bangle. It was sold as lucite, but I'm a little anxious to see whether it might actually be bakelite! either way, I like it and it was £2.99!! :D
!CEy57QQ!2k~$(KGrHqJ,!mIE1F3u9CJjBNTC89P4Fw~~_1.JPG

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
thanks Miss G! :)

and if that wasn't enough, I just won this bakelite carved rose bead necklace for £4! I've been so lucky the last couple of days! Now I think I need to close ebay for a little while (my boyfriend isn't here to tell me to stop ebaying - and look what happens! :D)

!CETsYzQEWk~$(KGrHqF,!hEE0gn!FWP9BNRcbMLEDQ~~_1.JPG

angeljenny

A-List Customer
thanks Miss G! :)

and if that wasn't enough, I just won this bakelite carved rose bead necklace for £4! I've been so lucky the last couple of days! Now I think I need to close ebay for a little while (my boyfriend isn't here to tell me to stop ebaying - and look what happens! :D)

!CETsYzQEWk~$(KGrHqF,!hEE0gn!FWP9BNRcbMLEDQ~~_1.JPG

That is so pretty!

eBay is so addictive - I went on just to have a look at some 1950's magazines and ended up buying five! Plus some cute reading glasses that I hope suit me and I am really tempted by some pink floral fabric to make an apron with!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
AngelJenny, it's totally addictive! Hi my name is Lina and I'm an ebay addict :)
As long as my purchases are all pretty small, I'm happy to stay that way...

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I was naughty. I have always wanted one of these celluloid chain necklaces with the things dangling from them and now I have one. When I saw anchors I had to have it. :D Does anyone know, how do you date these? Listing said 40s, is that right?
anchornecklace.jpg

Nice machine, JessesGirl! I used to sew on a modern Juki and it was a great machine. That one looks like a workhorse and looks fast!

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
I was naughty. I have always wanted one of these celluloid chain necklaces with the things dangling from them and now I have one. When I saw anchors I had to have it. :D Does anyone know, how do you date these? Listing said 40s, is that right?
anchornecklace.jpg

Nice machine, JessesGirl! I used to sew on a modern Juki and it was a great machine. That one looks like a workhorse and looks fast!

My I have gone all weak at the knees- that is SUPER! I love anything quirky and nautical!
I would say it was earlier-Probably 30’s but also could be 40’s.
This certainly touches a nerve for me as it very much reminds me of my beloved 30’s red bakelite anchor brooch I lost on holiday- boo hoo,
Ship Ahoy!
Tups x

angeljenny

A-List Customer
AngelJenny, it's totally addictive! Hi my name is Lina and I'm an ebay addict :)
As long as my purchases are all pretty small, I'm happy to stay that way...

I just keep changing the limit of what a small purchase is!

4 of the magazines I bought arrived today and they are adorable! I can see vintage magazines being far more addictive than modern ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner