Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

decodoll

Practically Family
I just won this earlier this morning. :) By the way, will we have need of a cocktail dress at the Queen Mary event? Perhaps I'll get it in time for the get together at Le Colonial. :)

40sCocktailDress.jpg

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
That's right up my alley, decodoll! I'd love to go shopping with you sometime :)

I actually just bought a very similar dress at a local store--the neckline is a squared-off sweetheart, encrusted with mint green pearls and sequins on both shoulders.

JustJen

Familiar Face
Decodoll~gorgeous! I think my favorite color is slowly becoming navy blue.....hence, I should be getting this one in the mail soon. Hopefully by Wednesday so I can wear it for our anniversary dinner. I've been watching it on eBay for about a month now. I tried to sleep last Saturday night but it kept oozing back into my head......lol.

CIMG35801.jpg

And I just received this today. I was quite surprised to find a cherries print on a '40s dress but it appears to be authentic (I say that only b/c of the construction and fabric. It's that super slinky cool rayon.).

The pics are coming out really small so here's the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8435434510&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Anybody think it might be a repro? No zipper but a set of buttons down the side.

35_01.jpg

decodoll

Practically Family
Oh, that is gorgeous, Jen!!! The colour is beautiful. :)

As for the cherry dress, it is very cute. I love the print. Can't say for certain from the pictures if it's 40's or not, though.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful dresses, JustJen!

Yes, I have seen authentic clothing decorated with cherries (can't say for sure about that dress, as I can only view a tiny photo.) I have a pair of 1930s tap pants with appliquéd cherries (and I sold a too-small 40s dress made in a cherry print fabric a couple of years ago), and a friend of mine owns a blue 1940s dress embroidered in cherries as well.

hehehe...yes! That could turn violent.
I'm imagining such a transformation would take less than 60 seconds ;)

Caledonia

Practically Family
I agree, that is a stunning dress, and the colour! I haven't seen that very often. Well done you. :)

Here's a couple of 1940 patterns. The Hollywood is all there and is only the tunic part. I thought it would look great with wide leg pajamas. The shoes are really worn, but that also makes them very comfy. They'll never be Daniel Green's but I thought it I could get them back to the original silver they wouldn't be bad as slippers. :)

stuff_0300.jpg

stuff_0309.jpg

Silver40sgranny.jpg

JustJen

Familiar Face
lol....thanks. I actually wore it today and I got so many compliments...loads of stares though as I usually do with my clothing. I think I've come to the conclusion that even if it isn't truly '40s, I'm ok with it since it's such a great fit. And the fabric is ultra slinky rayon. I can't even find rayon in the fabric stores around here!

The navy blue velvet one, well, that sucker cost me a pretty penny. But I checked with the seller and there's no holes, stains, or odors. The only repairs have been to the seams so it better be good for what I paid! lol

ladyk

Familiar Face
My latest aquisitions on good old ebay. I must get around to taking photos of my non ebay purchases really...

71.jpg

I paid a little more than normal on this, but I just couldn't resist. Its in pristine condition apparently, and such cute buttons!

98_1_b.JPG

57_1_b.JPG

Furniture eyecandy from 1954! The adverts are amazing.

Kirsty x

Rosie

One Too Many
Oh Caledonia, I was looking at a pair of shoes very similar to those the other day. Your's are so cute, I think I get the other ones.

Good buys Jen. I like the cherries, so cute.

LadyK, I'm such a sucker for polka dots, I have some fabric like that sitting around here waiting to be turned into something.

maisie

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
I won these last night.:D
74_1.JPG

Wow, I have a dress nearly exactly the same! How weird! I love it in the other colour as well, any ideas on what fabrics your gonna make it out of?

Caledonia

Practically Family
Great purchases everybody. I love the dot dress, and shoes to go with it! Got these recently. From the top: 30s bead bag, 50s Coblentz, and the two in front are 40s, the red one may be late 40s.

bags_0325.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner