Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
While I appreciate the compliment and enthusiasm, they are a taupe color (a mix between a light brown and grey leaning heavily toward the light brown) not blue.
Yes you are right, not blue, but perhaps Confederate grey. Is it the internet? Because I don't see even a hint of brown, let alone taupe. But I do see a beautiful shoe, irrespective of it's colour.

Allen Edmonds LaSalle

4fcbc07c4f689400e881d483ff289dbf.jpg
6686fec0d13b48931ec995cb27578d5d.jpg

I really do own shoes other than Allen Edmonds. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you are right, not blue, but perhaps Confederate grey. Is it the internet? Because I don't see even a hint of brown, let alone taupe. But I do see a beautiful shoe, irrespective of it's colour.

Now I'm even questioning my own eye :), it's funny how your head can get wrapped up in this stuff.

Okay, so I went back to the Quoddy page I ordered from and see that I ordered what they call "Taupe -" it's the first upper option in this link https://www.quoddy.com/products/tukabuk-1

Looking at them in different lights, I would still say I see mainly light brown and very, very little "taupe" or "grey," but I do understand that the internet / monitor / screen issues can present colors very differently.

Redwing 931 boots today:

d7db305e6cb502067be14389a0492e8a.jpg
f9c40916907ff5854ae776c199c4dac0.jpg
ca3c34eabec628f77142b360a30e389a.jpg
d14c6ff44ea39729a6866cae19c91753.jpg

Sadly, this is a discontinued model. What I really like about it, besides it being an American made Goodyear welted boot, is that it is shaped sleek enough to wear it with a tweed sport coat for a dressed up country look. The more pointed toe box gives it a bit less of a work boot look while still being rugged. It will never be a dress boot, but it's a boot hat can be dressed up just a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair Play

New in Town
Hi all, I'm a long time very shy lurker finally jumping in to show these shoes. The Bobby Burke Shoe, Made in Republic of Ireland. I don't know anything about them, I've had them for over 20 years, found in a thrift. I've searched for info but can't find anything. They're all leather, marked size 8C. Can anyone here help? Thanks very much, Kat
BBurkeShoe1.jpg

View attachment 91648 Whoops, I guess I'm not ready for the big board yet. I'll try to get more pics posted. The Bobby Burke Shoe, Made in Republic of Ireland. View attachment 91648

An interesting shoe, but I don't recognize it. The design looks very contemporary (hard to believe you've had it 20 years!). I'm a big fan of the two and three eyelet bluchers (seeing that they're Irish probably more accurately referred to as a Derby). It's a smart looking shoe in any case. The wheeling is nice and the decorative toe detail is interesting without being "too much." A balanced casual shoe with what appear to be medium thickness leather outsoles. Without examining the shoe I can't tell you more.

I'd suspect that it was made for a store or wholesaler rather than a mainline item, but that's just speculation. I'm somewhat familiar with English shoes, but no nothing about Irish shoes. Are there any other marks on the shoe? Can you include a photo(s) of the outsoles?

Fair Play

New in Town
Sorry, I'm still trying to figure out how to post. I think this info was lost so I'll post it again.
Thanks for your comments.
Inside both shoes are numbers; 415 , 8 C , 978 16.
Bottom says FULL LEATHER LINED and Made in Republic of Ireland.
I am pretty sure I've had them at least twenty years if not more. I'm a woman but can't help collecting nice men's stuff. These shoes just feel so nice, I love the leather. Thanks very much, Kat

You are getting a decent amount of shoes in your collection. Nice. Have to ask is there a musical instrument in that case in this picture...or...a Chicago piano?

I have a piano, several guitars, a cello, and a trumpet. And I don't play any of them. My kids and wife are very musical. I'm just someone who can appreciate the skill of others.

I haven't scratched the surface of my shoe collection. It just got to feel a little narcissistic to keep posting my shoes when no one else was really doing it. Know what I mean?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21