Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

flyfishark

Practically Family
A pair of early 60s NOS FootJoy calf Shu-Lock golf shoes. You might remember the few years when "mouse trap" shoes were made. Aintree last, they cost $40 in 1960. They are bals, but where the laces should be there is a lever--attached to the kiltie--that opens and closes the shoe. FootJoy was kind enough to research the shoe for me, and to send a catalog listing of it. Wish I still played gold; they'd have all my business!

2m43tog.jpg

2lj3k92.jpg

imrsqf.jpg

vwves4.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
There's a 1950s photo of Sir Winston Churchill aboard the R.M.S. Queen Mary. He's wearing a pair of black captoe oxfords ... but instead of laces and eyelets, there's a zipper running vertically up the shoe. Looks a bit like this one, except that Churchill's didn't have a kiltie to hide the mechanism.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
There's a 1950s photo of Sir Winston Churchill aboard the R.M.S. Queen Mary. He's wearing a pair of black captoe oxfords ... but instead of laces and eyelets, there's a zipper running vertically up the shoe. Looks a bit like this one, except that Churchill's didn't have a kiltie to hide the mechanism.

This "Churchill shoe" is now the subject of manufacture MTO by these flash UK companies like Cleverleys who make for Leather Soul and customers who don't like laces.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
A pair of early 60s NOS FootJoy calf Shu-Lock golf shoes. You might remember the few years when "mouse trap" shoes were made. Aintree last, they cost $40 in 1960. They are bals, but where the laces should be there is a lever--attached to the kiltie--that opens and closes the shoe. FootJoy was kind enough to research the shoe for me, and to send a catalog listing of it. Wish I still played gold; they'd have all my business!

2m43tog.jpg

2lj3k92.jpg

imrsqf.jpg

vwves4.jpg

Wonderful as they are if they fit me I would have that gadget removed and a bootmaker install lacing on those. The colour and last is magnificent.

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
A pair of early 60s NOS FootJoy calf Shu-Lock golf shoes. You might remember the few years when "mouse trap" shoes were made. Aintree last, they cost $40 in 1960. They are bals, but where the laces should be there is a lever--attached to the kiltie--that opens and closes the shoe. FootJoy was kind enough to research the shoe for me, and to send a catalog listing of it. Wish I still played golf; they'd have all my business!
Even with those glorified sneakers they put out nowadays?

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Sheboygan Fisherman Sandles, NOS.

Marked a size 8 1/2, but they fit like a 9. DARN!!!!!!!!! If they were regular shoes, I'd wear socks or add an insole. for sandles, I wanna wear 'em barefoot. Don't know what to do with them because I think they're pretty darn cool.

Style looks decideldy 40's, but I saw an ad or 2 for similar styles in late 30's. VERY hard to date these because vintage sandle ads are hard to find & Sheboygan Shoes has almost no info on the internet.

IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4103.jpg

IMG_4107.jpg

IMG_4105.jpg

IMG_4116.jpg

IMG_4110.jpg

foggy16

New in Town
Sheboygan Fisherman Sandles, NOS.

Marked a size 8 1/2, but they fit like a 9. DARN!!!!!!!!! If they were regular shoes, I'd wear socks or add an insole. for sandles, I wanna wear 'em barefoot. Don't know what to do with them because I think they're pretty darn cool.

Style looks decideldy 40's, but I saw an ad or 2 for similar styles in late 30's. VERY hard to date these because vintage sandle ads are hard to find & Sheboygan Shoes has almost no info on the internet.

IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4103.jpg

IMG_4107.jpg

IMG_4105.jpg

IMG_4116.jpg

IMG_4110.jpg

You could cut your own insole out of a nice thick piece of cow hide or two and add those. It should absorb the size like a purchased insole would but also keep the appearance of the sandals with no issues.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I know that during the 30's and 40's, Crosby Square was one of the best American shoemakers of the time, if not the best. But can anybody provide a history of the company or any supplemental information about them?

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

1st Pair (Florsheim) turned out to be around a 9 1/2. No size is marked, and I believe them to be Custom/ MTO because of the signature inside. These will be available for sale or trade.

2nd Pair is an ultra cool wingtip. Hard to find Vintage size 11D- on their way Down Under soon.

3rd Pair is somewhat unexpected. Very heavy, weighing over 3 1/2 pounds, and displaying a decorated storm welt. Wholecuts. But the thing that got me was the sole. It is NOT leather. It seems more like Ceramic, and had been worked to a Mirror Shine.

You can burn my house,
Steal my car,
Drink my liquor
From an old fruitjar.

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

But don't you step on my blue suede shoes.
You can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes.

flyfishark

Practically Family
Issh...My name is Roger Lund, and I want my shoe back. In the alternative, what price are you sticking on that shoe? You and Cookie seem to be the Hunt Brothers of vintage shoes. Have you cornered the market yet?? Wonderful shoes!!!

flyfishark

Practically Family
I sold the Crosby Squares. I'm going to reluctantly list this English Benchmade Cole Haan. It is one of my favorites, but I wore it yesterday for the first time, and the 9.5 B just won't cut it on my 9 D foot.

2mreesm.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran