Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
That's sharp!
I agree the sleeves will be perfect with a bit of french cuff showing,that's all you need and a great pair of cufflinks.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
That's a very well tailored suit for the 50s. Most double breasted suits I find with 49 union tags are on the baggy side. Beautiful suit Shamus, but I agree, french cuffs are the way to go.

shamus

Suspended
I'm actually getting a box full of cuff links from my grandfather who collected them from around the world. I'll share some when I get them.

My shirt cuffs were just pulled up in the suit as it was just a quick photo opp.

And yes, the suit was not a "modern" suit of the time, but more a 40's look.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
green_suit.jpg

'30s GREEN pinstripe double-breasted suit. The suit everyone told me I'd never find! Label is 'Campus Clad', and there's not a union label to be found anywhere. There's a lot of blue in the green, as well...you can see compared to my tie. The hat and chair are green, too!

(that shirt is bad about showing below the cuffs...it's a perfect fit, it just doesn't want to show unless I pull on it a bit)

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Wingnut,

That is beautiful! Where did you find it? I have a double breasted dark green, very very similiar color, but your lapels are more early thirties (which is more of my style) mine are the wide boys that started showing up around 36'

Seriously that is a phenomenal suit! One of the best I've ever seen!

shamus

Suspended
suit with added french cuffs and pocket square, and I still think the sleeves are too short. Granted the french cuffs will shrink a bit....

suit_wide_in_color.jpg

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Here's a scan of the material. Not sure if I'd call it chalk stripe.

green_suit_material.jpg

I bought it off of my favorite dealer, who happens to be a personal friend. I think he's supplied half of my wardrobe.

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Shamus,
I like that picture. That suit works well on you. Lends that "make good on your debt or you'll see me again, and the next time I won't be smiling" look if that makes any sense.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
In this picture I see It

shamus said:
suit with added french cuffs and pocket square, and I still think the sleeves are too short. Granted the french cuffs will shrink a bit....

Yes. In this picture the sleeves seem too short. GREAT suit, and you look great in it, as well as in that hat. Serious, professional, well-dressed, someone who pays attention to details.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Shamus, that suit looks nice! The sleeves may look a little short but, I can't tell unless your arms are at your side. It wouldn't kill it to have the sleeves lengthened just a little though.

Wingnut, that suit is just amazing! In the first photo, it looks gray but the second photo of just the fabric is amazing! That is really a nice suit. The cut has an early look to it but, I'd say it's a late 30's or early 40's suit. But, what do I know? :p Is there a date in the pocket or a union tag?

Root.

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Nice suits Shamus and Wingnut!
I think that you have the perfect sleeve lenght. Just the right amount of cuff showing. You need that much to see the links.

Chad

shamus

Suspended
suit update...

I dopped it off at the tailor today to lengthen the sleeves. He asked me to wear it. I did and he said..."oh, you want to loosen up the belly" I had to explain, that no, that's the point of owning a vintage suit that it doesn't look like a box... But I am letting out the pants a bit and the sleeves. We'll see if he does a good job.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yeah Shamus, don't let those clowns touch the cut of the coat! Silly guys, if they only had taste! It fits you well and soon as you get it back with the sleeves down a little I think it will be a great suit!

Best,
WR.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
New old jacket!

I received a new in the mail today! It's from the 1950's. It's a 4-1 blue flannel double-breasted blazer, and fits me almost perfectly (except the sleeves are about .5 inch too long)
DSC00687.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

I also got ANOTHER new jacket today from a different seller. It's a Hart, Schaffner, & Marx double-pinstripe 6-2 jacket in a bluish green color.
The color is relatively close to this picture from the site:
http://www.old-clothes.com/images/IM007991.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen