Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Wild Root

Gone Home
Umm, yeah. I never said anything to it being bad because it's a later suit. I believe he asked if it was 40's I simply stated it wasn't as old as he hoped. I think he's on the search for an earlier suit because that's the look he's looking for. ;)

It's still a good suit but as Sandy said, it's to warm of a suit for Florida.

Root.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Nice one Sandy!
I reckon that jacket has an older 'look' with the high closure and rounded bottom corners. Whether it's '50s or not. The cloth looks nice and heavy too.
It looks rather like a '30s or earlier English utilitarian style...

Kinda like these styles from Old Town Clothing in England.
fitzrovia1_330243.jpg

borough320199.jpg

Or this vintage Collegiate blazer-
17_1_b.jpg

The '42' marked Talon trouser zipper is a more modern giveaway of course.
B
T

Wild Root

Gone Home
Talk about yacht club clothes! They look very sharp on a summer day at the beach or, on a yacht if you have such a thing.

The navy blue coat with white or vanilla trousers is one of my top spring and summer looks.

All the best,
Root.

Matt Deckard said:
Were any of those custom made for your husband?

No, they are all vintage 1930s and '40s. He found some in Chile, believe it or not, to which U.S., Canadian and German rag merchants export a lot of their wares in giant bales. Sometimes, great vintage clothing sneaks through.

The blue suit in the last photo from the group above, for instance, was found by us in a used clothing store in Santiago, Chile. It's German. Marc says that it's from before the Second World War. It even has the vest! (See below)

GermanSuit4.jpg

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Welcome!

Hi Veronica!

Welcome to the lounge. You should pop over to the powder room and introduce yourself to the girls, and leave these rascals to themselves :p It's great to have another lady on board! Are you coming to the Queen Mary Summit in Long Beach this November?

And I have to say, your husband sounds like a mighty sharp dresser! Lucky you! Beautiful suits!

~ Queenie

shamus

Suspended
finally had something worth showing. She's new to me... Maybrook company of Los Angeles. No Date, but union tag has 1949 on it. need to lengthen the sleeves a tad. Over all very nice, but not perfect but good enough for me. As you can never find anything over a size 38 now days... This one's about a 44 regular and I felt lucky just to find one.

The color is a light tan. The tie is vintage 40's too.

1940suit.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Swell suit! I like it! Just get some nice French cuffed shirts and pick out some nice links and you'll be set! Sure would like to see the color of the suit too some time.

Best,
Root.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I agree, the sleeve length looks fine. Most American men wear their sleeves way too long. You want to show about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of cuff when standing with your arms by your sides. I think the reason why you think the suit sleeves are too short in this case might be that your shirt sleeves are on the short side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn