Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
:cry: :cry: :cry: They grow up so fast. If I were you I would say your next purchase should be a vintage pit bull to go with her vintage dress when she goes to the modern high school. Suddenly I feel like an older brother.

Trickeration

Practically Family
:) Relax, Big Brother, we're still homeschooling. She's attending an online highschool this year. And Rob gives out with just a little :rage: when the guys get too friendly ;) . Katharine says she'll be happy to have you as her big brother, though.

Right now, this is the best we can to for a guard dog. His name is Sebastian (that's the name he came with [huh] ).

http://community.webshots.com/photo/425681238/437749008pUEdjn

Yes, I still have the cataloges and stuff. I remember that your dad was a little worried about you with those catalogs, too! I use them a lot when I'm looking for clothes and things for the house. I started a thread in the Powder Room about our house with pics of the vintage furnishings, if you want to see where we're at with it. Much different than Oceanside :) .

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
*sigh* I wish the girls around here would dress like that. Personally, I tire of seeing those worn out and ripped abercrombie jeans. The gals I go to school with just don't have any style. It's just a bit of an incongruance when I catch a reflection with a girl and I'm wearing suit separates and she's wearing flip flops and a tanktop. The only girl i know that knows how to dress herself happens to be a chinese pop star now, and they basically make her wear the most atrocious stuff on stage and in their videos. Really not her style.

ray (quietly waiting for his dream girl)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Trickeration, I had a feeling you were who Daniel was always talking about! When Daniel and I first met and were dressing vintage more regularly Steve would tell me how much I would love you guys. I am very excited about meeting you! God Bless!

Trickeration

Practically Family
Ray,
My daughter takes your sigh as a compliment, and it brought a smile to her face. We like your look as well. My daughter feels the same way about the guys styles here. She hates seeing the guys here with their boxers hanging out of their pants, or extra large shirts tucked into oversized pants :rage: .

Don't worry, Ray, you'll find your dream girl :) . Trix

Lauren,
I've heard your name before, too, and was wondering if you were "you" as well! We'll have to coordinate a trip to CoTC dressed in our "Sunday best" sometime, just for Steve! I'm really looking forward to Sir Winston's now, it's starting to feel like a family reunion with you and Daniel going. Let me know if you'll be in Carlsbad and maybe Rob and I can plan on going then, too. Trix

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Ghos7a55assin said:
*sigh* I wish the girls around here would dress like that. Personally, I tire of seeing those worn out and ripped abercrombie jeans. The gals I go to school with just don't have any style. It's just a bit of an incongruance when I catch a reflection with a girl and I'm wearing suit separates and she's wearing flip flops and a tanktop. The only girl i know that knows how to dress herself happens to be a chinese pop star now, and they basically make her wear the most atrocious stuff on stage and in their videos. Really not her style.

ray (quietly waiting for his dream girl)

Two things, Ray...

1) Happy Belated Birthday and
2) She's out there quietly waiting for a class guy...don't worry, you'll find each other!

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Trix- I'm glad.
Johnny- Thank you very much! I'm awaiting my birthday gift from my parents (Wested lambskin)

Anyway- back on topic:
rayisapainintheass.jpg

please excuse my friend eating his cupcake in the foreground:
rayisahugepainintheass.jpg

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
It's actually a Royal Stetson Whippet. It was a size 6 3/4 but I had Art Fawcett stretch it to a 6 7/8 and put in a new sweatband. It still fits a bit tight, so I don't have much of choice. It doesn't fit comfortably unless it's a bit tilted. Funny, but I tend to tilt all my hats a little now, even my "Indy" lids.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
2nd Time Dressing Vintage This Week!

Of course, it's a real bow tie! My dad gave it to me. He used to be into bow ties and double breasted suits when he was younger. The label says "Chaps by Ralph Lauren". My dad also saw a sale on ties at Brooks Bros. once and bought me 3 bowties as a gift.
Anyway, this week has been a great week for vintage for me! I wore a trenchcoat through a typhoon, and wore a suit twice this week. I guess the tropical typhoon breezes kept it cool enough. I ALSO received a hat I won on eBay a week ago- a gray Penney's Marathon that I wore today.
I wore my vintage blue pinstripe 3 piece suit to school/play reahearsal today (sans waistcoat- too hot). I also wore a french cuff shirt to school for the first time. Not as burdensome as I thought it would be. Braces are my new thing now, too. They're so much better than belts.
DSC00535.jpg

DSC00536.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Don't Mind the Toilets

She insisted we take pictures in the ladies' bathroom and after making sure the coast was clear, dragged me in. Soon after, our music teacher walked in and was like, "What's going on here!?!" We just explained we were taking pictures in our vintage-styles. This is the pop star I was talking about in another post. She was dressed sorta "mod" today.
DSC00521.jpg

DSC00526.jpg

P.S. The suspenders are from Harrod's in London, and the tie is vintage (30's or 40's). A guidance counselor at my school is really into vintage ties and he approves of this one.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Ray,

You're look smokin' as always and your young lady friend is very cute! You've really got an eye for putting the look together - a real class act. Thanks for the photos and the explanation of the toilets in the background...that one made me chuckle remembering my own high school days! :)

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Thanks again, Johnnysan! You're always full of compliments! I'm sorry that the pictures aren't better. They were quite spur of the moment. My 2 megapixel camera gets this overcast in flourescent lighting, which is causing those bluish streaks.

ray

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
Man, you look great in those pictures! You really have the look down, and pull it off so naturally. I really like the one where you have the suit jacket off, the pants and tie are at a perfect height IMO. Sometimes I have difficulty finding at what height to have my pants but that pic is more or less exactly what I shoot for.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, looking good friend! I like that hat you got on there! Here is a photo of me in one of my three piece 40's suits. The hat I have on is a 40's Royal Stetson.

1131310img6bu.jpg

This was taken on an old bridge in South Pasadena. That's my friend Jose. He's a vintage collector too and he has a fine collection of suits.

Cheers,

Root.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
To be 16 again ...

Ghos7a55assin said:
She insisted we take pictures in the ladies' bathroom and after making sure the coast was clear, dragged me in. Soon after, our music teacher walked in and was like, "What's going on here!?!" ...

This brings back memories of some of the things I did at 16 - way back in 1971. I'd tell you about them, but then I'd have to kill you ... :)

Here's a picture of my 16 year old daughter. This is her Prom picture. Some things never change ... :)

IMG_1652.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Ray, you've got really great style! Love the suits, hats, ties, it all fits together perfectly for you. Good job!

Brad

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Big Man said:
Here's a picture of my 16 year old daughter. This is her Prom picture. Some things never change ... :)

Gee, how come girls didn't pack heat at my prom???? :cool:

Great photo! There's just something special about girls with guns...

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo