Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I asked the seller why she rated the suit as 'costume grade'. If I remember correctly she answered that there's a tiny hole in the sleeve and that the lining would need some repair. Doesn't really sound too bad to me...

HeyMoe

Practically Family
The zipper is stuck too....

Much easier and less messy than WD-40 or graphite is a bar of Ivory soap or a white wax candle. Rub it on the zipper, front and back and gently work the zipper tab up and down and before you know it, it will work fine. I have had to do this on everything from Military Tents to old flight jackets and everything in between.

TCMfan25

Practically Family
How'about that 40's 3 btn. 3 piece gray glen plaid? $110, pretty cheap, I was hoping it would have stayed at $40... :eusa_doh:

So... who won the baby!?

SteveAS

Practically Family
I was watching that 3-piece glen plaid, but it looked to be just a little small for me. I hope a lounger won it!

I've been watching for a brown, double-breasted that isn't a conventional pinstripe for a while and I won this one over the weekend. I like the fabric; it's unusual to see several blue and maroon vertical stripes for every one horizontal blue stripe.

511831764_o.jpg

511832009_o.jpg

511832281_o.jpg

511832316_o.jpg

511832120_o.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I've been watching for a brown, double-breasted that isn't a conventional pinstripe for a while and I won this one over the weekend. I like the fabric; it's unusual to see several blue and maroon vertical stripes for every one horizontal blue stripe.

Great find! This fabric -- a wool and mohair blend-- was often called "homespun" in 1930s American catalogs. I believe that it was also known as "granite cloth". In any case, suits in this fabric haven't been mass-produced for many decades.

SteveAS

Practically Family
Great find! This fabric -- a wool and mohair blend-- was often called "homespun" in 1930s American catalogs. I believe that it was also known as "granite cloth". In any case, suits in this fabric haven't been mass-produced for many decades.

Thanks for that great information, Marc! When the suit arrives, I'll post better photos.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I just picked up this vintage western style suit:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350493867462?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

after missing out on this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350504659681?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

I wasn't able to get to my computer at the crucial time to raise my bid on the latter one. I definitely would have preferred the wool to the poly, but I think I'm safer with the fit of the one I did get, as opposed to the wool one.
We'll see.

For those who are wondering, I recently developed an obsession with owning a vingage western outfit. A Gene Autry suit (after an actual Gene Autry suit went on Ebay for a pretty moderate amount.)

I may soon be in the market for a golden palomino or maybe an elegant Appaloosa. Where I'll put him in my 1 bedroom apt in the Bronx is just a problem I'll have to deal with later. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou