Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Baron Kurtz said:
Aussie12.jpg

I've seen these leather protectors on vintage German suit trousers.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I get the feeling that the Baron has agents around the globe searching for vintage suits. Shadowy men with black hats and notebooks that rather than being filled with state secrets actually contain the Barons complete measurements!

Lovely suit by the way...as usual!:eusa_clap

Robert Conway

A-List Customer
Baron Kurtz said:
And without my resident photographer this is the best i could do re. the trousers on. The top sits just at my lowest rib ~1.5" above the natural waist. They hang quite well.

Wow, nice pants. Look at their shape and drape. Love the high waist and generous waistband.

What a find.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Si, senor. It's the Sam's Tailor suit. The sleeves are very conservative- there's the tiniest amount of cuff showing. I'm not sure if he told the tailors to do this because I'm still growing. With bespoke, sleeve alterations are difficult because of the surgeon cuffs. I usually prefer my sleeves to be like 1/2" higher. The shoulders a little wide, too. I suppose he expected me to grow into it in the next 2 or 3 years.

Sefton said:
I get the feeling that the Baron has agents around the globe searching for vintage suits. Shadowy men with black hats and notebooks that rather than being filled with state secrets actually contain the Barons complete measurements!

We do not admit that these people exist. Any more mention of them will bring them to your door. Big (little) brother is watching. :whistling

bk

Wild Root

Gone Home
The real Henry said:
I don't know, I like the fit![huh] Only the lapels look a bit too narrow for my taste.

Ray, I have to agree with Henry here... the cut and fit is good but, those lapels are a little skimpy to be a proper Bogart style.

Still, a nice suit!

=WR=

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
Ray, I have to agree with Henry here... the cut and fit is good but, those lapels are a little skimpy to be a proper Bogart style.

Still, a nice suit!

=WR=

If it was a proper Bogart suit, it'd be from the 1940's...
Let's just say it's Bogart inspired.

jml90

One of the Regulars
Wild Root said:

Still, a nice suit!

=WR=
He's a slight boy he would be lost in big lapels

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
My husband's most recent acquisition:

suit.jpg

suitside.jpg

$60 at Ragwear: dark green DB, missing one button, so he's going with the DoW look at the moment. I will take the inside button off and put it on the outside. It has a few small holes in the back of the jacket and needs to be cleaned and pressed, but it fits well and he loves it.

I got me such a handsome fella! :eusa_clap

--Leslie

ETA: Please let me know if the pictures need to be resized.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Couple of pics of yours truly in the Peterman pigment dyed suit, along with my wonderful girlfriend Stephanie at the hangar dance in Fredericksburg recently:

226856511_80b348ab0b_o.jpg

226856512_91b9fa40bf_o.jpg

Wish my hair wasn't sneaking out from under the hat in that last one. :)

I would love to find some great, classic vintage suits - it's tough when you wear my size, though. Most of my jackets are 48, and my pants are usually 42 waist, 31 or 32 inseam (I can wear a 40 waist as well, and I've heard that going up to maybe a 44 would help with the higher-waisted look).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany