Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Excellent photo! I was thinking of having a portrait photographer do a B&W portrait of me. Maybe in all your spare time (ha) you could do a tutorial thread on how to do self-portraits?

Wild Root

Gone Home
herringbonekid said:
great period style photo 'Root !

is that the jacket you wore to the 20s seaside ball ? i like it.

It sure is!

Mr. 'H' said:
That's an amzing shot Rob.

Is that your handwriting or is that a font? It's excellent.

My handwriting! I have a pretty good mouse and a very steady hand!

Came out pretty good I think! ;)

Thanks for the compliments gents!

=WR=

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Hey Root we must touch base about getting some custom work done by you.

I would love to have a few photos of me and the missus given the =WR= treatment.

I'll contact you about this if you are still interested - you have a true talent my friend!

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
Hey guys, here's a photo I just took of me in my "Palm Beach". The trousers don't fit right yet... also, need to get the stains out of them... nothing a little Oxy Clean can't fix!

But, this photo shall work till I can get the whole thing working for me!

So, what do ya think?

1282723004_l.jpg

=WR=

Astounding work!
You still working at RKO?

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oh, I am still at RKO... I just had Lunch at the Brown Derby with Miss Rogers and also Fred came by after to help me with my lines for the next big picture. Turns out they really liked my head shot so, we'll be starting filming next week on a new picture... I hope you'll all go and see it and, that you'd enjoy it.

^ Now, wouldn't that be something! lol

I'm so happy this photo went over so well... And yes Mr. H, I'd be delighted to take a few photos... Now, I'm sure I could take some nice shots if you two were in town some time.

=WR=

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Why is it that I think a pair of glasses are missing from that picture?

it's reminding you of a Glenn Miller photo ?

for me it's not just that the lighting, pose and clothes are authentic looking (which they are), it's your EXPRESSION Rob ! that slightly tentative smile is EXACTLY how people often look in front of the camera in old studio photos. this is what people often get wrong in modern recreations of vintage photos....and perhaps the hardest thing to get right.

Wild Root

Gone Home
herringbonekid said:
it's reminding you of a Glenn Miller photo ?

for me it's not just that the lighting, pose and clothes are authentic looking (which they are), it's your EXPRESSION Rob ! that slightly tentative smile is EXACTLY how people often look in front of the camera in old studio photos. this is what people often get wrong in modern recreations of vintage photos....and perhaps the hardest thing to get right.

Yes!!! It's all about the Expression! I've seen so many period photos like this of band leaders and most of them that did smile looked like this! And a lot of them looked away from the camera!

Thanks Herringbone, it makes me feel really good to know I got it right! ;)

=WR=

PS. James, just giving you a hard time buddy ol' pal!

Wild Root

Gone Home
jamespowers said:
Even without:
miller1-vi.jpg

Or with again:
gmcivil-vi.jpg

James... look at the first one again... he's wearing glasses silly! lol

This is where I got the insperation from...

glenninwhitesuit6wv.jpg

That shot was used on most of his 1938-39 Sheet music covers. It's one of my favorites.

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic