Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab

scotrace said:
You gentlemen are quite, quite impressive. Thanks for the many kind words - it really makes me happy to share it with people who know this stuff.

It's bespoke, made in the early-mid 1990's and designed to closely emulate 30's style.

Aha,

Easy to arm chair quarterback, but I am not surprised. My issue, although I didn't have the confidance in my perceprtion to weigh in, was that the fabric seemed a little thin and/or stiff for vintage. Maybe back when they wre new, they might have looked more like this. But all I have seen are a little softer in the creaeses, pleats and other edges. Also, there was something a little different about the way the lapels and chest fit.

That and the lining told you it was obviously not american factory made.

I would not at all be surprised to hear it was vintage, maybe even european fiftues in a traditional style, but am not surprised to hear it is more modern.

Interestingly, I was considering asking if anyone had any modern suits that could actually fool a trained eye such as mine or some others on the board.

I have yet to see one, but this one comes dang close.

Beautiful suit for sure. Where did you get it. Was it made for you? Was it altered for you?

Rooster

Practically Family
Nothing special here, H. Freeman and sons. probably 70 ish. 3 button. The greatest thing about is it fits! I've lost 10 pounds in the past couple months. It was tight across the stomach when I bought it, now I have more than enough room. Probably a 43L I'd like to end up in a 42L one of these days.
My vintage hair cut style is starting to take shape, I think I'll grow the sides out longer and comb them back in a more 30's style...think that'll work?
EDIT::::: please ignore that really awfull lapel press job, I gotta get that back over to the cleaners and have that redone. A real botched job there for sure!
hfs1.jpg
[/IMG]
hfs2.jpg
[/IMG]
hfs3.jpg
[/IMG]

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^ H. Freeman & Sons (not to be confused with Hickey Freeman) makes a fine suit. No need to apologize for it at all.

As for the lapels, try 'popping' them and the collar then steam any and all creases front and back from them (lapels only, not the collar creases). Then put the jacket on and button it. The lapels should return to a nice roll.

Feraud

Bartender
I recently picked up two tweed suits, one brown and one gray.
First the brown one. It fits perfectly.
DSC01892.jpg

A closeup to see the pattern.
DSC01893.jpg

DSC01889.jpg

The Union Label
DSC01891.jpg

I will show the gray one later. It was a made to measure outfit. Very nice.

Jerekson

One Too Many
I posted this in another thread.
Three-piece cream suit I picked up a while back. Fits me absolutely perfectly - except for the pants, which seem to want to ride my hips. What should I do about that? Suspenders?
FL_3.png

FL_4.png

And yes, I matched the pocket sqaure.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That tweed's a great lookin' suit, Feraud. I love that lapel width!

Got to say that the outfit in your avatar, the suit, hat, tie, all of it, looks smashing, too.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Tweed!

Feraud said:
I recently picked up two tweed suits, one brown and one gray.
Just in time for Fall, I'll bet you can hardly wait. BTW, how ya' fixed for brown suede shoes? ;)

Feraud

Bartender
Here is tweed suit #2.
This one is gray. This picture I took with the flash best shows the color.
DSC02053.jpg

The suit was tailored to measure for one R. Brayman in '98.
DSC02060.jpg

Note the fellow's initials above the label.
DSC02059.jpg

Another pic of the jacket.
DSC02054.jpg

Note the flap on the chest pocket. How am I going to get a handkerchief to stick out of that? lol
DSC02056.jpg

Lapel w/buttonhole
DSC02057.jpg

Pants pocket w/faux coin/watch pocket.
DSC02061.jpg

Back pocket detail
DSC02062.jpg

Sleeve with functioning cuff buttons.
DSC02058.jpg

The jacket fits perfect with the necessary amount of shirt cuff showing. The pants were too short for me. I bought the suit hoping the pants could be let out. Armed with novice tailoring skills I was able to let the cuffs out and find enough material to suit my inseam lenght.

GateXC

One of the Regulars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic