Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your view!

vonwotan

Practically Family
Erikb-very nice indeed. I went to school down the road a bit, and loved to wander around the mansions, the tennis hall of fame and Purgatory Chasm...

Aaron Hats

Vendor
A little bit of the country.

IMG_0120a.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
erikb02809 said:
These are the views of what you can see from my 2nd floor living room bay window, taken from the ground in front of the building. I live in the carriage house on the estate of the museum/mansion I work at, so the view is pretty nice.
[/IMG]

You're so lucky that you live in that carriage house. I was admiring it a few weeks ago when I was there, and pointed out to my mom the name of the house. If I recall correctly, isn't it called "The Ann Boelyn House"?? I found that rather amusing, but what an amazing place to live!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
pigeon toe said:
Here's my terrible view of the cemetery, from my bedroom window no less!

02_07001.jpg

At least youll be able run first when you see the zombies once they decide to rise up and take over the world. :eek:

LD

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
erikb02809 said:
These are the views of what you can see from my 2nd floor living room bay window, taken from the ground in front of the building. I live in the carriage house on the estate of the museum/mansion I work at, so the view is pretty nice.
Excellent Erik!
When I met you there, I didn't realize you lived there.
That is a beautiful spot.
You are a very lucky man.

And Aaron, you have some nice views up there as well. The view from your store is pretty nice over toward Cathedral Ledge.

Novella

Practically Family
The view actually turned wintery yesterday! So here's an update of my two window views.

I was excited that it snowed until I had to go outside. It didn't last very long though. It's all gone by now.

Brooksie

One Too Many
If you would like to see the from my back yard you will have to go to myspace;

www.myspace.com/artdecogirl

I have a picture of the view from my back yard that was taken in Oct. 2006.

I live on the Nestucca River and it flows in my back yard, we have lots of wild life there, on the mountain side above the river I was sitting in the sunroom watching a mama and baby elk through binoculars a few months ago.
We have eagles, owls, hawks, deer, beaver and more. It is so beautiful. The picture that was taken in Oct.(it is not the greatest picture) the river was low and calm. In the winter the river gets very deep, high and swift, I would hate to fall in it because I would end up in the ocean in "no time" which is about 12 miles away. I would post a pic here but I have tried it many times with no success.

If you think this looks nice you should see the view from where I work, It is right on the beach! I will take a pic soon and post on my space.

Brooksie

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
These are from the roof of my building 4 blocks south of the downtown core, the "North" photos are unfortunately through a screen.

Northwest across Knik Arm is "The Sleeping Lady". Basically, if you cross the water and keep heading that direction there are no roads all the way to the Bering Sea.

100_0109.jpg

East-Southeast towards the mountains. There are two wolf packs and uncounted other wildlife that live in the Chugach range (and within the technical city limits). Again, it's about 10 miles from my door to those mountains, once you start up the hill there is only one dirt road between you and Canada.

100_0116.jpg

Elaina

One Too Many
I live in a working poor neighborhood. While I keep the yard clean, no one else does, and there are 24 people living next door with 12 cars. Not much of a view, so we see my mismatched curtains with the kitten dangling from them at the moment. Next month or so it will change to pretty roman shades. Sun is not required in my house.

Brooksie

One Too Many
East-Southeast towards the mountains. There are two wolf packs and uncounted other wildlife that live in the Chugach range (and within the technical city limits).
100_0116.jpg
[/QUOTE]From Carebare.

I can hear either wolves or coyotes (I am not sure which) sometime across the river from where I live and also wild cats but I have never seen them thankfully because that is a little close for comfort for me!

Brooksie

Brooksie

One Too Many
The picture in my current avatar (keep in mind next time it could be something totaly different!) is the view from the sunroom which overlooks the river.

Brooksie

misslizzy

New in Town
I need to take a photo on Saturday morning - and post it to Powder Room, too! My dining room overlooks one of the Cambridge University College's sports fields! Lots of young men in shorts playing rugby and football in winter and dressed in smart cricket whites in summer... A considerable bonus to the location of my apartment when I was a single girl :D :eusa_clap

Rooster

Practically Family
Looking south west
d.jpg
[/IMG]
Looking west
b.jpg
[/IMG]
Here's a veiw from the barn to the house
a.jpg
[/IMG]
Here's a view from the street
P1010004.jpg
[/IMG]
This is right smack dab in town by the way. Also these are taken last year. Still looks the same this year, lots of snow.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Hi Folks,

Does the photo of "the view" have to be taken today? If not, here's the view from my front door sometime this past October. It is the most recent photo I have.

trees010.jpg

Here's a better view of the Trent River taken from my boat ramp and looking upstream toward Trenton, N. Carolina.

trees015.jpg

Here's the same view today, February 25th---the Trent on a dreary winter's morning.

carolinagame016.jpg

Atticus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic