Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Vintage 1920s & 1930s knitwear & Crocheted Garments

VintageBaroness

One of the Regulars
6955361921_5e52dbf804_b.jpg

Oh, YEAH!! LOVE this.

VintageBaroness

One of the Regulars
I will always love your blue and white dress, it's simply perfect!

As for the coral to brown knit, I am drooling over over that...So pretty!

I see that you posted some colour patterns/mag covers too. Good, I was wondering if I could do that. Now I know :)!

Thanks. I think we can be a bit free and easy about the "rules" of what we want to post and swoon over :)

VintageBaroness

One of the Regulars
My prized 30s crochetwear piece is this gown.
4799086120_d24017354a.jpg

I wish I could find a black one,
crochet+dress.jpg
but hey, I'm not complaining (just sayin' that peach in the evening just somehow doesn't feel like "me,")

The holy grail would be a wedding gown
3451119508_1fd9501650.jpg

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Yikes! All the creations are fabulous! I would wear any colour knitted under the sun (except beige!) whether it suited me or not- always have and always will- I’ve never been one to shy away from colour!

My needles are itching to start a suit/dress, but finding and affording the right yarn, whilst trying to find the ‘perfect’ pattern too…. Well, it’s tough!

I’m desperate to get out and show my suit off, but alas, I have very little energy at the mo,…
Oh, and I can’t get to my wardrobe!!!

Tupney x

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
My prized 30s crochetwear piece is this gown.
4799086120_d24017354a.jpg

I wish I could find a black one,
crochet+dress.jpg
but hey, I'm not complaining (just sayin' that peach in the evening just somehow doesn't feel like "me,")

The holy grail would be a wedding gown
3451119508_1fd9501650.jpg

I totally agree- I would have a fit if I found a knitted/crochet wedding dress. I have many a wedding gown in my ever growing collection- but no knitted wonder yet!
Well actually, it would just be nice to find any knitted gown full stop! My wardrobe is lacking somwhat in that department:(
T

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Katinka von K.
, unfortunately I don't have any patterns. I am not a knitter myself, and my mother - who is one and knits for me - is completely self taught and not from books, she does not understand the lingo, so she works from the actual image rather than the instructions - this made it pointless for me to buy any patterns.

Oh, I had cached this image and then lost it (I wanted to blog about the hair, so hope it's okay to steal image for my blog?) I recall the yarn colour here was given a shockingly racist name that I shall never repeat.
Steal all the way, Baroness, the images are not mine to start with, just stuff I've collected for personal inspiration via different on line sources of which I have unfortunately lost track especially in the cases of early days images when I was was less scrupulous about writing down the source. I know, very naughty, I am a lot better now, alas these days I seem to feel the need a lot less often to gather images...a little ironic I guess.
As for the yarn name, it's always chilling to see how beauty and extreme ugliness - of different kinds - could exist, and still does- in the same nutshell.

On a more positive side, that crocheted dress of yours really is the stuff of dreams! I know what you say about peach, but still, it's hardly a case for moaning ;)

Miss Tuppence
, I hope you find your energy soon, we are dying - I think I can speak for everyone - to see the knitted suit.

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Well I forced myself to the wardrobe and got out the tripod, but don't get your hopes up as it's a much later knitted!

Actually not sure what date this suit relates too- any ideas?
I thought maybe 50’s with the sleeves- though as its sportswear this could differ.
(I always accessorise with 30’s bits, so it looks more of the era- hehe:))

Label reads-

Hand loomed
Snyderknit, California Sportswear
and
Hammetts. Modesto, Calif.
GEDC6385.JPG

please excuse the tired, blotchy self!:(

Tupney x

VintageBaroness

One of the Regulars
Gorgeous! I've had a couple of "snyderknit" brand knitwear go through my shop and although I can't find the source anymore, I believe this was a company from the late 40s or early 50s. Regardless of whether this is actually 30s or not, I love the stripes and the colour and style are very 30s.
Well I forced myself to the wardrobe and got out the tripod, but don't get your hopes up as it's a much later knitted!

Actually not sure what date this suit relates too- any ideas?
I thought maybe 50’s with the sleeves- though as its sportswear this could differ.
(I always accessorise with 30’s bits, so it looks more of the era- hehe:))

Label reads-

Hand loomed
Snyderknit, California Sportswear
and
Hammetts. Modesto, Calif.
GEDC6385.JPG

please excuse the tired, blotchy self!:(

Tupney x

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Do you have this pattern? I'd love to knit it.
Sorry Kamikat, I don't have the pattern.

Miss Tuppence, that looks lovely. To me it has a 50's look about it, but more so exactly the look of what mum always wants to knit for me - she prefers the classic lines emerging from 50's fashions and I find myself always having to steer her from what she wants to knit to what I want...Yours is a great suit though, and I like the pairing with those wonderful magenta shoes!

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Gorgeous! I've had a couple of "snyderknit" brand knitwear go through my shop and although I can't find the source anymore, I believe this was a company from the late 40s or early 50s. Regardless of whether this is actually 30s or not, I love the stripes and the colour and style are very 30s.

I’ve only ever seen one advert for ‘snyderknit’ from the 30’s when I tried to do a bit of research, but they didn’t show any designs, so I couldn’t see how their designs/materials progressed through the years.

I fell in love with the colours- to me it’s a great all year-rounder.... fresh for the spring, yet not too pale for the autumn/winter months….
I imagine myself with a set of golf clubs when wearing this suit- lots of easy arm movement with such deep armholes!!!
Those batwing type sleeves were very popular in the late 40’s/ early 50’s so I agree, and would place it thereabouts!

Miss Tuppence, that looks lovely. To me it has a 50's look about it, but more so exactly the look of what mum always wants to knit for me - she prefers the classic lines emerging from 50's fashions and I find myself always having to steer her from what she wants to knit to what I want...Yours is a great suit though, and I like the pairing with those wonderful magenta shoes!

You are very lucky to have a mum that will make you lots of lovely knitteds! My mum doesn't do much knitting, but I do find that there are limits to what she is willing to make for me clothes wise! I often get ‘are you sure you don’t want it without the pockets?’. If it was entirely up to me, then I would have an entire wardrobe filled with chiffon biased cut gowns and dresses abundant with pleats, embroidery, and bows! :eek:.... but it ain't gonna happen!!!

VintageBaroness

One of the Regulars
This may be cheating a little, but thought I would share a peek at a 30s style striped jumper/sweater a friend had knitted for her (I believe the maker was the same as the one who made your lovely cream and chestnut deco sweater, crazydaisy

tumblr_m0hbvycDSK1qcopww

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav