Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
5090553645_22652ce8a3.jpg

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
Hi ladies! Does anyone have any idea where I can get a pattern like the playsuit that Katy Perry wears in the video for Hot and Cold? My sister is dressing as her for halloween and can't find anything similar.

Here's the picture!:

katy-perry-video-938-7.jpg

Thanks :) I've trawled through some of the pattern books in the fabric shop in town but I haven't really found anything that'd do...

xx

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
I think if you look for a bathing suit pattern, you'll have a lot better luck! You could probably find a pattern from the 50s to 70s and get a little creative with drafting what doesn't match.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I though this one was so interesting. Ive never found a maternity pattern over a 38" bust. This one apparently went up to 42!
I had to get it even though Ill never make it up, well, for me anyway.

Picture7-5.png

Picture8.png

LD

Last edited:

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
NancyLouise, I've wanted that pattern for a long time! Can't wait to see what you make with it.
LD, I saw that and was tempted, too. It's so pretty, I'd make it up and wear it anyway. To me, it doesn't really look like maternity wear.

annet

One of the Regulars
that's what i was thinking. the first thing that went through my head when i saw the pattern illustration was 'no way there's a baby in there!'

but then again, i've never been pregnant.

it's a pretty dress for sure!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Opinions needed!!!

I have this sewing pattern and here is the fabric I am going to use. Now should I do it in the long sleeved version or the short sleeved version?

68899_166675460014961_100000175233483_620149_1999469_n.jpg

Last edited:

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Lovely pattern. I vote for short sleeves. Love the fabric.
I got this Past Patterns pattern but I got it on ebay. I passed this up hundreds of times on the past patterns site because they only show view B. i am almost done with veiw A in Brown Pinstriped Bengaline with taffita bow and belt. And will make C in green linen with navy blue bow and cuffs. It's a pretty easy pattern even the crazy sleeves.

!B4ift6gCWk~$(KGrHqJ,!i4EydC+spbnBMqOZy88zw~~0_3.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy