Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Tuppence, like your choice for the dress to wear to the wedding. Hope you get to go to one soon!

This is nice, LD! I have a great Customode Pattern that I'll have to scan as it's not on the Vintage Pattern Wiki.

Picture3-4.png

I got a great blouse pattern from 1934 yesterday. Cheered me right up as I have an awful cold.

1934BlousePattern.jpg

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
that blouse pattern is indeed the tops! I think I like the short cape like sleeve version and the long sleeve one best. Oh, I don’t know, I like them all really! Makes me want to chop off my hair too…

Miss Sis, hope you feel better soon… and who knows, I have a wedding to go to next year! Tups x

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss Sis I was eyeing that pattern, it's delightful. Isn't Customode sort of the British branch of Simplicity? I think that's why I never thought I'd find a copy.

LD

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Thanks everyone. LD, I got it cheaper than the asking price, that's for sure! A friend and I can both use it so it's doing double duty, although we both have to resize it one size either way. I have plans for the sleeveless number already.

Customode, from what I can find out, was just a special line from Simplicity and was available in both the UK and the US, as it has both prices on it. Regular Simplicity patterns were 15c wheres Customode ones were 25c, so guess they were to be seen as premium. I don't think they lasted very long, making them somewhat of a rare commodity. On the Vintage Pattern Wiki some have the NRA stamp, but others don't. By style I'd place them around 1935/36 so that fits with the end of the use of the NRA logo.
To be honest, of the ones I've seen, I wouldn't say that they were much different or any nicer in general than their regular range, but that's just my opinion. [huh]

I will scan my one tomorrow for you to see.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
As promised, here is my sole Customode Pattern.

On the back it reads:
"CUSTOMODE Designers BLEND EXCLUSIVENESS with GOOD TASTE and Produce PRACTICAL STYLES for the Fashionable Woman who Chooses to be Her Own Dressmaker" (their exact use of capitals, as it is printed)

I love it. I am very partial to separates.

CustomodeSuitc1935.jpg

Last edited:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
5600.jpg

REAL excited when I saw the bodice on this one. I just saw all these pieces and thought OH fabric combos! But If I had looked closer I would see its all one piece.

56001.jpg

Still its awesome. Generally 40s Du Barrys are pretty bland. This one I love. I might do some funky fabric treatment just to highlight that bodice. Its too amazing to be all one color.

LD

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
5600.jpg

REAL excited when I saw the bodice on this one. I just saw all these pieces and thought OH fabric combos! But If I had looked closer I would see its all one piece.

56001.jpg

Still its awesome. Generally 40s Du Barrys are pretty bland. This one I love. I might do some funky fabric treatment just to highlight that bodice. Its too amazing to be all one color.

LD

Love that pattern. The bodice is amazing.
I love 30's slacks but feel a narrower pant will be more flattering.
il_570xN.211398650.jpg

I love the pockets on this one.
il_570xN.211117116.jpg

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Picked up this pattern 46" bust! Bazonga! Hurrah...I'm a 42-44" so I'm so pleased. Bought it to make the long version for a dance in may. I'm using a lovely deep purple chiffon over an original black 30s underslip. I also picked up a lovely purple velvet clutch bag from an event here in the UK yesterday from our very own Miss Sis!(well, from her stall!) Perfect match.
DSCF1857.jpg

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
Picked up this pattern 46" bust! Bazonga! Hurrah...I'm a 42-44" so I'm so pleased. Bought it to make the long version for a dance in may. I'm using a lovely deep purple chiffon over an original black 30s underslip. I also picked up a lovely purple velvet clutch bag from an event here in the UK yesterday from our very own Miss Sis!(well, from her stall!) Perfect match.
DSCF1857.jpg

Gorgeous, what color shoes and gloves?

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
DSCF1857.jpg

:love: Deep purple lovely! I do hope we can see the finished product :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy