Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

absynth

New in Town
New Plus sized patterns (well for me anyway)

I just bought all of these patterns yesterday, i can't wait to start sewing them!!:)
shop.cgi
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG] I also got the 1940's jacket pattern # 4081 from simplicity but can not figure out how to get it in here. Wish me luck.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
The wrap dress ist damn cute. I work on that pattern myself right now.

I´d love to help you with the pictures, but I just don´t know how to describe that in English [huh] :eusa_doh:

olive bleu

One Too Many
That is one cute dress!

My luck with posting pics is pretty hit or miss. right now, i have a couple that i have been trying to get on for a week and it doesn't seem to be working.

I am not sure which route you are taking when trying to post them.Are you doing it as an attachment? I have not been able to post anything as an attachment at all here. It workd for me in other places, but not here.

Now, i usually right click on my picture, select "properties" and copy the URL.then when you are replying to a thread , click the "insert image" icon and abox will pop up for you to paste the url into. when you click ok, it will be in your message.

Maybe you are already using this method.And even this does not work for me ALL the time.

but at least if you can post a link like you did, that's ok, too. at least we get to see each other's lovely things!:)

olive bleu

One Too Many
THanks for that tip TEXASGIRL, i will have to cheque into that!:)

Ha, Ha, I wrote,"CHEQUE" into that:rolleyes: Can you tell I work in a bank:eusa_doh:

fleur

One of the Regulars
My god Gok - you are my new best friend lol

I think I put these in another thread but here is my first acquisition as I love suits!

Dsc00088.jpg

Dsc00089.jpg

I also have to say that my gran is helping me with my skirt and when cutting out we allowed a bit here and there "just in case" and we have ended up cutting that and more off..... apparently I am a weird shape! Charmin!

GOK

One Too Many
Well you're welcome to borrow them to make copies, my lovely. :D

Am just replying to your email before I log off for the evening. I have to do the sociable thing :(

katiepickle

New in Town
Pattern Question

I am pretty new at sewing and I have a few patterns that I am at a loss as to how to begin. Some are cut, some aren't and I was wondering how you ladies preserve and use such delicate pieces of paper. I am afraid of ripping them before I even get sewing! Do you scan them? Trace them? Use them fearlessly as they are?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I use a roll of tracing paper and trace out the patters with a sharpie. Then I cut those and use those as the pattern, there by saving the vintage pattern.

I do all my patterns that way. Works like a charm.

LD

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I take this just one step further. After it is on wax, I trace and cut to muslin. I then use the muslin pattern pieces. :)

Lady Day said:
I use a roll of tracing paper and trace out the patters with a sharpie. Then I cut those and use those as the pattern, there by saving the vintage pattern.

I do all my patterns that way. Works like a charm.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy