Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Vanessa

One Too Many
199292611_o.jpg

bbd6_1.jpg

And this one, can't remember if I posted it yet or not...I love accessory patterns, I just hardly ever buy them because I know I probably won't ever make them.

97d5_1.jpg

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Got this in a lot of 9 patterns. The only reason I bid on the lot, as the rest were 50s-70s with the exception of a 40s-looking glove/mitten booklet. :D
Bear__304_CVR_ezr.jpg

Big Tip for other newbie knit pattern-lookers-

if you see a vintage knit booklet somewhere you like but there aren't enough pics of the projects, see if ivarose has it listed, and you can see all the pictures. She's got so many listed, you're quite likely to find it there if it's older than mid-40s. And if you lose out on it, hey, you can still get a copy from Ivarose!! ;) )

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
3292.JPG

This lot of 13. There are four I like but I don't know if they are size 12 or 16? Here's hoping they are the latter.
011809_152.jpg

This is my favorite pattern ever I think.
MVC-002S_012.JPG

487a_1_sbl.JPG

Wow! a hat pattern. who'd of thunk!
877f_1.JPG

6929_1.JPG

And a 1940 Lutterloh book. It's missing about 50 patterns but I didn't pay much. I should have submited a best offer.
lutherloh1_10.jpg

I feel like I have been very lucky with patterns latley.

Sickofitcindy

One of the Regulars
Lutterloh

Deadpandiva: I have a couple Lutterloh books. If you're missing a pattern that you really like, I may have it in one of mine and I can scan it for you.

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Just bought this Butterick Retro for 99 cents at Hancock's. I love the asymmetrical details, and it looks much easier to adjust for a short-waist than Vogue 2354, which I also love but have not yet made up due to that iffy issue!

B5281.jpg

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
This is very cool....That, or I have no life. :)

I have been looking up the addresses of my mail-order patterns on google maps, and all these neato old apartment buildings and houses keep showing up. And then I daydream about the ladies who lived there.....It's like holding history in my hands!! :)

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
for those of you have ordered patterns from EVA DRESS....

They are repro patterns of real patterns right?
are they printed? do they have directions?

I want to order, but I dont know what I am getting into. plz helpz thanks!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Evadress is repros of vintage patterns with the original markings and instructions which can be a bit hazy depending on when they're from. If you want them with revised instructions and markings Decades of Style is a great company.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Got a lot of mail order patterns dating (literally) from 1946 to 1964 (most of the envelopes were marked). They were all i their original envelopes, and many had the newspaper clipping from their order with them as well. None of them are 'name brand' sans one Anne Adams, and none are printed. Leave it to mail order to be 10 years behind the times.

All over a 44" bust. Yay!

sueburnett8001.jpg
8043.jpg
8268.jpg

anneaddams4842.jpg
patt-o-rama8203.jpg
patt-o-rama8341.jpg

Altering these should be simple, and they will make great templates for experimentation because most are already in my size!

Yay patterns! :)

LD

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Okay....this is my mad haul for February. i got Very, Very lucky and most of these were around 7 bucks a pop---3 of them have been in my wishlist---And the Lutterloh was a *steal.*
It appears to be late 40s with all the patterns included...I would prefer late 30s early 40s but I am not complaining. Can't wait to see what's in it!

Summer can't get here fast enough....but I guess i should be thankful we have a few months yet....that way I can get some of these made up in time!! :)
I am very grateful to the universe, and sitting out of the pattern buying market for awhile.

NewYork203.jpg
m_martin9314.jpg
simp1209.jpg
simp2910.jpg

20b1_1.jpg
dsp_butterick_8505_002.jpg
mccallssss-1.jpg

lutherloh2_10.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
At an antique shop in Jersey is a little old lady who said she used to be a tailor. She has a WHOLE BUNCH of vintage patterns for sale for ONE DOLLAR each! Most of the patterns were 60s/70s, unfortunately for me, but she had a sprinkling of 50s in there and one from the 40s (which I snatched up!)

L1030162.jpg

L1030162_dress.jpg

I LOVE vintage slips. But I really needed this for the knickers!

L1030163_kimono.jpg

I like these kimono-style dresses.

L1030163_60s.jpg

And I saw this and had to have it. It was so cute I couldn't stand it!!!

And I'll be making copies of these because they are not my size. :p

Miss Sis

One Too Many
My latest few:

A slip pattern. I often need long slips to go under evening dresses and they are often hard to come by in the right length. I currently need a long peach one to go under two dresses.

Slip.jpg

And two DuBarry patterns. I loved Lady Day's hooverette dress so much I decided I had to get a pattern and these two came up together. I love the smocked blouse and skirt too. So smart.

30sDuBarryHoover.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I was SERIOUSLY watching that 1130B because I am passionately in love with that smocking!

I didnt bid though, didnt have the cash. Glad a friend got it :D

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy