Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
3lotsimplg.jpg

Got these three for $9. They are late 40s, but in my size, and I wanted them for the blouse tops anyway. Im sure Ill make good use of them. :)

LD

jacqueline101

New in Town
I am looking for vintage hair accessory patterns

I know this isnt quiet old enough to be vintage but i am looking for some head band patterns. I would like to know if you have any other hair accessory patterns.

Inky

One Too Many
I recently acquired yet another skirt pattern - l love separates!

3441883791_d0458ae7f9.jpg

This is a 12 gored skirt, 1942, and I am curious over the suggested fabrics. One of the suggestions is denim, which I think would be great in a lighter weight for this skirt, but I had no idea that ladies of 1942 would be wearing denim skirts - what say you wise vintage vixens?

Click here for a large size photo of the back of the pattern envelope.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:
I recently acquired yet another skirt pattern - l love separates!

3441883791_d0458ae7f9.jpg

This is a 12 gored skirt, 1942, and I am curious over the suggested fabrics. One of the suggestions is denim, which I think would be great in a lighter weight for this skirt, but I had no idea that ladies of 1942 would be wearing denim skirts - what say you wise vintage vixens?

Click here for a large size photo of the back of the pattern envelope.
I say go for it! Since the pattern recommends it, it clearly was used. My guess is that a denim skirt might have been more for home cleaning/work/light gardening use since it is a casual fabric.

Inky

One Too Many
kamikat said:
I say go for it! Since the pattern recommends it, it clearly was used. My guess is that a denim skirt might have been more for home cleaning/work/light gardening use since it is a casual fabric.

Thanks Kamikat! I agree, if they McCall's folks suggested it, then I just might do it. I don't dress "true" vintage anyway, and a denim skirt would be very useful in my weekend wardrobe to be sure!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Inky said:
Thanks Kamikat! I agree, if they McCall's folks suggested it, then I just might do it. I don't dress "true" vintage anyway, and a denim skirt would be very useful in my weekend wardrobe to be sure!

You could also do a twill, just like denim except only one (I forget the term!) direction, the top material is colored fabric, against an un-dyed (I forget the term!) direction :rolleyes:

I rarely see skirts in those waist sizes! Hmm, sure is pretty....:)

LD

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
Medvssa said:
However, I do not see any information in the website and FAQ about international orders :( does anyone know if the ship internationally?
They have some that are downloadable...I tried entering an international zip code in the "Shipping Estimate" box, but it just came up saying "Manual Shipping". I would try it. Worst thing that can happen is they tell you that they don't ship internationally and cancel the order. Because you're right I don't see any information on it anywhere.
Did you try emailing her and asking?

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
CherryRed said:
I just made those pants on the left last week in navy twill. They are super easy! I even had to alter my pattern and had no trouble.

Oooh! Do we get to see a picture? Please ;)
What alterations did you have to do?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
LD, I LUV the Hollywood pattern! Where do you find such lovely patterns in those sizes? I've sworn off buying size 30s and 32s. I'm tired of grading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes