Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Single breasted peak lapel

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
no evidence at all. (maybe it wasn't finished ?).

this is the closest to mine i've seen:

brownpeaked.jpg

it was worn by Tom Hollander in "Cambridge Spies" i think it was called on BBC1 a few years ago. the lapel cut is identical and it looks a similar weight. notice how the lapel is pressed well clear of the top button indicating it should be FASTENED. ;)

(this is a scan from my scrapbook. i removed Tom Hollander's head so it wouldn't distract from the jacket).

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Sorry if it came off as rude...I didn't mean it like that...I just feel like there's a more presentable stance one can stand in.... If it comes off as offensive, I'll immediately remove it...

no cuff opening or placket, eh? can you show a pic of the cuff? i'd like to see it. I can't quite envision what the finishing is like . . .

I have a couple of jackets where the arms had to be shortened to such an extent that all the placket allowance was lost. In this case (my jacket) the arms were finished with just a kind of turn-up. Maybe your jacket was having the arms shortened like this and they forgot to put the buttons back on?

bk

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
no cuff opening or placket, eh? can you show a pic of the cuff? i'd like to see it. I can't quite envision what the finishing is like . . .
Maybe your jacket was having the arms shortened like this and they forgot to put the buttons back on?

bk

look at the inside seam of a sleeve and how it finishes. it's exactly the same on the outside seam ! no placket or flap. just a tube.

i don't think they were being taken up, as the sleeves are quite long already. i think it was awaiting buttons, war broke out, and the owner never returned to collect it. ;)

herringbonekid said:
look at the inside seam of a sleeve and how it finishes. it's exactly the same on the outside seam ! no placket or flap. just a tube.

i don't think they were being taken up, as the sleeves are quite long already. i think it was awaiting buttons, war broke out, and the owner never returned to collect it. ;)

Very odd. I've never seen one without buttons but now that i think upon the issue, one of my 30s overcoats has cuffs the same as those you describe. I never saw a suit jacket like that, though.

bk

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Quick question...On DB's, the jacket looks very off to me without two lapel holes....Has anyone seen two lapel holes on an sb peak lapel? If not, has anyone ever heard an explanation as to why or why not?

Jovan

Suspended
I think the two lapel holes better compliment the double row of buttons on a double breasted. You could do it on a single breasted with peaked lapels, but it would look strange somehow.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Jovan said:
I'm just going to say what everyone else is thinking: HBK has a beautiful face.
There's a thought best left unsaid, at least by a man.;) And I, for one, took little notice of his face as I was mesmerized by the ensemble.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jovan said:
I'm just going to say what everyone else is thinking: HBK has a beautiful face.

No offense meant to HBK, but he's just not my type. lol
His jacket, though, most certainly is. One of best examples I've seen yet of a SB peaked lapel jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy