Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

"Folks" who use perfume to cover
up because they haven't taken a bath is very nauseating.

The three reasons I don't use cologne (but have tried it off and on) is

1. I - like most Americans (maybe everyone does today, I have no idea and do not intend to offend, I just know the cliche used to be that no one showers more than Americans) - are ridiculously clean (showers at least once a day, fresh clothes after each shower, bush teeth at least twice a day, etc., etc.,) - so I'm reasonably comfortable that I don't smell and think a "fresh" clean scent is the nicest.

2. I use soap, shampoo, conditioner, plus antiperspirant, talc and a face moisturizer and while I buy "unscented" when I can, not everything is, so I already have several scents from those things on me - why add another.

3. If you use a cologne, regularly, you will become immune to its scent after several weeks, hence, you run the risk of using too much because you increase it until you smell it. This is, in part, why some "old ladies" use so much perfume as some have lost a good part of their sense of smell and they put a lot on - not knowingly.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
The "house rule" about eating everything on the plate was also
applied .
But was lucky that my mom didn't
like spinach. She rarely made green salads.
With the exception
of corn and potatos. we hardly
ate green vegetable salads.
But she did cook delicious vegetable soup with beef or
other times with chicken.
Favorite meal, hamburgers with
French fries and a bottle of Coca-Cola. The small glass bottle type.

If there was lettuce or tomatos,
it was finely chopped and used on
beef tacos using soft corn tortillas
made by local small Mexican store.
The corn tortillas found in grocery
stores today are pretty bad in
comparison.
We did enjoy fruits of all kinds.

Last edited:
I'm a consequent man. Now, I sorted some of the newer storebrand-boxerbriefs, which I bought some months ago, out. The most of them are ok, but some of this size 5/M are around 33,5 centimeters wide, instead of the correct 34 cm on size 5/M, and not really convinient, additional with their cheaper cuffs, in compare to other ones. And I just don't like the feel of this incorrect fitting ones, because I'm still accustomed to correct fitting ones.

So, I will grab three or four new pieces of classic german brand-boxerbiefs (Schöller), which were/are permanently in the sale-boxes of a less frequented, independent clothing-store in the next bigger city, which is in the city-centre, but a little secluded and not very popular. These boxerbriefs from Schöller are absolutely correct fitted, especially in compare to my newer storebrand ones. Perfect fitting and convinient underpants! :)
And because of the unpopularity of this clothing-store, it's very unlikely, that these boxerbriefs in the sale-boxes are out, now. But if they are, I will grab some of the actual, regular-priced ones, if they still offer them. No problem. They are so well made. :)

You just have to know the right source! And never tell the other about. :D

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I'm a consequent man. Now, I sorted some of the newer storebrand-boxerbriefs, which I bought some months ago, out. The most of them are ok, but some of this size 5/M are around 33,5 centimeters wide, instead of the correct 34 cm on size 5/M, and not really convinient, additional with their cheaper cuffs, in compare to other ones. And I just don't like the feel of this incorrect fitting ones, because I'm still accustomed to correct fitting ones.

So, I will grab three or four new pieces of classic german brand-boxerbiefs (Schöller), which were/are permanently in the sale-boxes of a less frequented, independent clothing-store in the next bigger city, which is in the city-centre, but a little secluded and not very popular. These boxerbriefs from Schöller are absolutely correct fitted, especially in compare to my newer storebrand ones. Perfect fitting and convinient underpants! :)
And because of the unpopularity of this clothing-store, it's very unlikely, that these boxerbriefs in the sale-boxes are out, now. But if they are, I will grab some of the actual, regular-priced ones, if they still offer them. No problem. They are so well made. :)

You just have to know the right source! And never tell the other about.

Over here in the West, we did away with wearing boxer or any kind of undies!
We simply wear Levis.
That's why we walk the way we do!:D
2a9r4wh.jpg

Last edited:

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
If you look at a USDA (US Department of Agriculture) Zone Map (the cold one) I grew up in that little dot of zone 3 in NY State. It was cold, cold, cold; with a short growing season. The only crops we ever had success with (or perhaps I should say me, as I planted, weeded, and picked the whole garden as a kid) were green beans, corn, and yellow squash. My mother would boil the yellow squash into this like soup that greatly resembled snot.

Needless to say, green beans, corn, and yellow squash are my least favorite vegetables. As a result, I keep around 3 veggies and 2-3 fruits the kids like on hand. They can be excused from the table, but they have to eat some of their veggies. I've recently discovered the pre-cut veggies, which have been a lifesaver for me with two hungry kids that need to EAT NOW and prevented me reaching for the cookies and crackers to tide them over while I cook dinner. My daughter, who is three (approaching four), can even serve herself these veggies.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
If you look at a USDA (US Department of Agriculture) Zone Map (the cold one) I grew up in that little dot of zone 3 in NY State. It was cold, cold, cold; with a short growing season. The only crops we ever had success with (or perhaps I should say me, as I planted, weeded, and picked the whole garden as a kid) were green beans, corn, and yellow squash. My mother would boil the yellow squash into this like soup that greatly resembled snot.
Are you saying that yellow squash soup is snot good? o_O

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
^^^^^
Perfumes!
I have a Texaco lube can from
the 40s.
It still has the lube inside.
I open the can once in a while.
I thoroughly enjoy the aroma.

Reminds me of the gas stations
where the attendant would check
the car for oil & water besides
filling the gas tank.
Hickory-flavored bacon & coffee
brewing from grounded beans also
brings back good memories.

Not sure how this relates to the topic.

My mind wanders! :(
Was there ever a better perfume then high octane Ethyl? I know it is why we are all brain dead, but what a nice smell.

Hooray! Like I thought, their sales-boxes were still full of the good boxerbriefs, luckily with much of my size 5/M, too and I grabbed four of the great ones from Schöller. ;) And yes, the new four are all very well made, like my other ones. I'm happy.

Again:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy