Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Beaver 100

fedoracentric

Banned
Liner and sweatband is just like the one I just bought. I was very impressed with the felt on mine, I assume yours is equally nice. How stiff is yours? Mine actually loosened up after the reblock and working the brim some. Mine doesn't have the Morris Stock yard label on it though, nice yours does it should help you narrow down a date on it. Anyone know when they went out of business??

fedoralover

Morris Stock Yard is quite a famous Chicago men's store. It went out of business in the 1970s when the Chicago stock yards finally went out (I think). But it was one of the places that men would shop when they came into town for cattle business. Most of the hats I've seen with the Morris imprint have ranged from the 50s and 60s. Not that there aren't earlier ones, those are just the ones I've seen.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Anyone venture a date on this one? Many I've read about on the Beaver 100's are black tags. This is a very bad picture but shows a brown tag with black letters. Nothing else exceptional on the hat, Stetson "circle" logo in the crown and Beaver 100 on the sweat.

100_Tag.jpg

Thread bump. Spaced out the end of this auction and missed out on this for $33 (with another hat). From that era with the circular JBS brand all over the liner. First ‘100’ like this that I can recall. The sweatband is about to disintegrate and it’s two sizes too small, but I thought it might make a good basis for a conversion. Bummed.

IMG_1722.png

IMG_1723.jpeg

IMG_1724.png

IMG_1725.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass