Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Susan Boyle/Fan Club/Cry Me a River

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I am just so glad that someone discovered her! It makes you wonder how many other major talents are out there that never do get known to the world.

I hope she makes a fortune, bless her heart.

karol

just_me

Practically Family
That is one of my favorite songs in Les Miz and always makes me teary. Susan nailed it. Good for her. Even if she doesn't win the contest, I'll bet that Simon signs her to a contract. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
i watched the episode on saturday night after i got in on demand tv....

brilliant and i love how she shocked everyone, proving you should never judge a book by its cover!
shes been in the news all week and i heard simon cowell has signed her.....no matter what were gonna hear more of her i bet!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

bet the people who got her copies of her "cry me a river " are digging therm out!

what a great version she really does it justice!!

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
Susan Boyle is awesome. She blew me away with her voice on tv. It was pretty mean how everyone was making fun of her, and Simon had his doubts, but then she put em' in place with a spectacular version of "I Dreamed a Dream".
Her voice is beautiful, what a gift.

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
Her voice is amazing. But this sort of show usually makes the contestant undergo a make-over.
I hope they don't do that to her. She's beautiful the way she is.

Gaige

One of the Regulars
Prairie Dog said:
Her voice is amazing. But this sort of show usually makes the contestant undergo a make-over.
I hope they don't do that to her. She's beautiful the way she is.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
After I saw her perform this, I searched Youtube for different performers singing the same song. I found many versions, some were fantastic and some were merely decent. However, for my personal taste I have to rank Susan's as one of my favorite versions. Perhaps it is partly due to the circumstances, but her performance just gives me chills. And it's quite a powerful song, regardless of who sings it. I hope she is successful and doesn't change one bit! I bet she would be a delightful person to be around.

Talbot

One Too Many
Good luck to her, she has a beautiful voice. I would have hated to be the performer that had the unfortunate task of coming on after her.

I don't know why people go to these shows - seem like they are keen on some ritual humiliation, which thankfully did not occur in this case.

I don't watch shows like this, but when someone stands out, it will come to me eventually.

First Paul Potts, now Susan Boyle:eusa_clap

Foofoogal

Banned
they need to yank her off the show as it is now not fair at all to her competitors. She should be in a studio making a record for me to buy. I do think Simon signed her immediately. If not he is a moron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart