Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Adventurer's Gear Thread

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Very true. I never thought about it until I started looking to get a pair, and they are basically flimsy, and would fall apart with any real use.

I went ahead and ordered a pair of these for now.
41M1PPPX56L._AA280_.jpg

I'd rather have them in a brown leather, but they're relatively cheap and will go over my glasses while still looking pretty cool. I can wear them around my neck when they're not needed, like Sgt Troy.
cast-1.jpg

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You always wear goggles or a mask around your neck, not up on your grape. wind or water will rip them right off and then you're blind.

When you're military diving they'll call you "Mike Nelson" if you perch 'em on your forehead.

I bought the military-issue, green box, dust and snow goggles (had a couple different lens inserts).

Worked good for helo ops and Rat Patrol stuff on 29 Palms.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
carebear said:
You always wear goggles or a mask around your neck, not up on your grape. wind or water will rip them right off and then you're blind.

When you're military diving they'll call you "Mike Nelson" if you perch 'em on your forehead.

I bought the military-issue, green box, dust and snow goggles (had a couple different lens inserts).

Worked good for helo ops and Rat Patrol stuff on 29 Palms.
They do, for sure! I've got a pair that are always in my truck, in case I get stuck out somewhere, but I was looking for something a little less bulky and/or a little more cool. Until I get my eyes lasered, though, I'm stuck with the more bulky versions.

carebear

Mojave Jack said:
They do, for sure! I've got a pair that are always in my truck, in case I get stuck out somewhere, but I was looking for something a little less bulky and/or a little more cool. Until I get my eyes lasered, though, I'm stuck with the more bulky versions.

Oh yeah, without the glasses you can get the sealed-edge goggles that look like shades, designed for riding scoots.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I am not sure mounting an M2 .50 cal on a sidecar is a good idea. I can't even imagine what sort of uber-cycle would be able to handle it. The German R71 can't even mount an MG34. Firing that .50 would be interesting to the driver I bet though.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
The first time I tried to free gun a .50 from the back of a HMMWV, it shattered all my fantasies about the Rat Patrol. I very nearly shattered a lot more when the thing started to get away from me and twist the turret towards the other end of the firing line! That's when I learned not to take the T&E for granted and fire short bursts!

'Course, those guys on Rat Patrol just whipped those .50s around like garden hoses, with Germans falling over left and right. :eusa_doh: They must have been a lot stronger than me!

carebear

Mojave Jack said:
'Course, those guys on Rat Patrol just whipped those .50s around like garden hoses, with Germans falling over left and right. :eusa_doh: They must have been a lot stronger than me!

"Greatest Generation", natch.

Jovan

Suspended
Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of World War II doesn't have to make sense. It's a game where any soldier (including medics who erroneously carry SMGs) can fly a plane, drive a tank, and parachute perfectly. :rolleyes:

But we're getting severely :eek:fftopic:. Unless, of course, this stuff counts as adventurer's gear. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner