Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BANTAM Bar

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dman, that hat with the ROOSTER is a 3X not a Bantam. It also has the Mode Edge.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Alright, the Rooster just looked similar to the one in the bantam ad. Thought maybe it was a variation.
It's pretty interesting, whatever model it is.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maybe they are from the same period and were given the same decoration.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
DOUGLAS said:
Dman, that hat with the ROOSTER is a 3X not a Bantam. It also has the Mode Edge.

Douglas- I couldn't find the thread that had the pictures of your stetson 3x with the mode edge and rooster pin, but I just found an ad on ebay advertising th e stetson mode edge bantam, complete with rooster pin matching yours. I think someone else on the lounge had one as well. Just thought you might want to see.

103-40.jpg

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
For posterity's sake, I thought I'd revive this oldie to post another Bantam.

Unlike Marc's and dinerman's, this one is lined with a Royal Stetson Liner and does not appear to be as old. It is Australian-made and it seems that the Aussies took up their own creative license to change a few things. According to a sales tag under the liner, the color is "Bluestone."

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Bantam O.P.S

5453853270_b82aef8d08_z.jpg
5453855422_ac66466733_z.jpg

5453244201_3d971c938a_z.jpg
5453244631_1a8354a08c_z.jpg

Don't think it was worn but was left crumpled, dusty and somewhat dried out. Lexol applied to both sides of the sweat now. 2.75 oz. very soft and light, like a Playboy on a starvation diet.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Bantam reed/unreeded

Alan's Bantam
batman1.jpg

looks like an average reeded band.

My Bantam
5453244201_3d971c938a_z.jpg

Here, Jimmy is correct and there is no physical reed of any kind present, just fabric. Gold foil also applied during embossing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner