Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cavanagh Club

Connoisseur_BP

Familiar Face
Just received my second Cav Edge today via eBay. I like it, but am thinking about selling it perhaps. What are these generally going for these days? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :cool:

100612151053_zps10ead82d.jpg

100612151032_zpsa8c27e79.jpg

100612151154_zps188d3439.jpg

100612151204_zps2ad13547.jpg

Hi Cav lovers,

I just purchased my first cav straw from ebay. $42.00
Please tell me your thoughts and opinions-
Item #3904743632088 sorry for not posting the link. I am a computer idiot.
Anyway I hope you like my new Cav straw.
Best regards
CCJ

Hi Folks

Hi Brad- Thanks for taking a look and replying.
This is my first straw and I probably won't get a chance to wear it until the spring.
From my limited experience with hats, I find the Cavanagh's( own 2 fedora's) to be great quality.
My thinking was any decent condition Cav under $45.00 is a good deal.

I also feel that this is a good time of year to get a straw in terms of price.

TIA for comments and reply's

Best regards
CCJ

Hi Cav lovers

Just listed on ebay- item number 217130013700- A pair of vintage Fedoras. My Daughter is away for the weekend hence I can't post the link. LOL
If someone could post the link, I appreciate your time.
TIA
Best regards and Happy New Year
CCJ

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Joe, I think you are supposed to put the links to your auctions in the Classifieds forum, rather than in here.

Sprinkles

One of the Regulars
My Cavanagh

Hello everybody, I am new to this forum and also new to the world of fine hats! (Although I am not totally ignorant as I have browsed this forum before) I just received my first hat today, which I got for 25$. I love it! It is a black Cavanagh, and I would like to know if there is anyway to estimate the date it was made. The sweatband is embossed with its original store which is "Roberts Bros." in Springfield, IL. I actually managed to find some information about this business, I suppose it was rather well-known in the area. Roberts Bros. clothing stores were founded in 1919 and their last store closed in 1989! Also, on the opposite side of the size tag there is a union stamp for the International Union of United Hatters, Cap, and Millinery Workers. Also embossed on the sweatband is "Cavanagh Edge". Thanks! Now here are some pics:

1001091r.jpg

1001092r.jpg

1001093wu.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
There might be a price tag under the sweatband if you look. Typically hats were about $10-$25. I have a similarly old Cavanagh Homburg which was priced at $20.

Sprinkles

One of the Regulars
Unfortunately there are just some papery remnants under the sweatband where there was undoubtedly a tag! But, thank you for the price range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff