Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Conversion Corral

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Recent refurbished Stetson 3x . Gave this one a bath plus new ribbon and sweatband(resized). Has embroidered liner. Nice felt on this one . Joao no brims were cut !
Nice work (until now).
Those 3x are yet on my bucket list. I do hope those still exist in 4" brim when I start hunting them.

Reactions: RJR

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Terry, it's always great to see your fun ribbon work--and those tall, proud crowns are just fantastic, too. Scott, you do lovely work, sir!

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
I just recieved a couple of yards of 40's era black Petersham grosgrain ribbon I found on Etsy and I was wondering if this is the proper ribbon to use on a hat(conversion,repair,etc.)

il_570xN.606566983_oxmb.jpg

It's nice to handle quality ribbon for once. This stuff blows away that modern shiny poly stuff.

EstherWeis

Vendor
Don't use the 100% poly, it never "swirls" the way you want it to.

This is going to handle like a dream! One little tip, be carefull when you iron it, it can get shiny spots when your iron is too hot.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You could use Petersham but it's not the same as grosgrain with the finished edges ( Petersham tends to have the sawtooth or unfinished edge)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice russet color Dman, looks like lots of room in that crown!
I converted my latest conversion to this trying to get rid of some flaws in brim so I trimmed a 1/2" off to 2 7/8 now and after working the felt more ironed it to get the nap smoother and brim flatter .
Plus switched ribbon out. Also resized it to fit my head and added a vented sweat.

RJR

Nice russet color Dman, looks like lots of room in that crown!
I converted my latest conversion to this trying to get rid of some flaws in brim so I trimmed a 1/2" off to 2 7/8 now and after working the felt more ironed it to get the nap smoother and brim flatter .
Plus switched ribbon out. Also resized it to fit my head and added a vented sweat.

Nice conversion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner