Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Creative Crease Collection

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Mario said:
It's an emulation (...) of a crease from a 1930's C&K ad and a pretty damn fine one too! Can't remember the name of the model, but I'm sure Brad will help us out in that one.

Er...hang on a minute...I think it was called the Saratoga...

Yep. Definitely the Saratoga. Just found the ad in question. Looks like this:

Saratoga.jpg

That's the one.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Mario said:
I firmly believe that we all remember that crease pretty well. One of the many great moments given to us by Jimmy in the last year.

Hmmm...come to think of it...I also have very fond memories of THIS ONE:

Left-12.jpg

lol lol lol :D :D :D ;)

I don't remember it. Was probably from before I was a member? [huh] Or am I that blissfully ignorant? :p

Might you entreat me to a photo?

flute

Mario

I'll Lock Up
fluteplayer07 said:
I don't remember it. Was probably from before I was a member? [huh] Or am I that blissfully ignorant? :p

Might you entreat me to a photo?

flute

Sorry, I can't seem to find the whole thing anymore. This was Jimmy's surprise hat from last summer. As you can imagine it caused a lot of commotion among the members of the Lounge and to this days I'm still waiting for Jimmy to post a portrait photo of himself wearing that hat and a fitting zoot suit to boot. :eek: :D

kaosharper1

One Too Many
bolthead said:
Can we see a shot from the top of it ?

If I'm not mistaken, this crease dates back to the 20's?

Yes. It was my attempt at the Saratoga crease which I saw more clearly on some photo published on the Lounge with a bunch of people waiting to go into a baseball game in 1927 or so. So I've refined it since this photo so that it actually come to a sharp point in the back. I used my Dobbs 20 for this crease. It needs a thin, lightweight felt.

I'll see if I can take some pictures of the top and back tonight.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
kaosharper1 said:
Yes. It was my attempt at the Saratoga crease which I saw more clearly on some photo published on the Lounge with a bunch of people waiting to go into a baseball game in 1927 or so. So I've refined it since this photo so that it actually come to a sharp point in the back. I used my Dobbs 20 for this crease. It needs a thin, lightweight felt.

I'll see if I can take some pictures of the top and back tonight.

Can't wait to see 'em!

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
Mario said:
It's an emulation (...) of a crease from a 1930's C&K ad and a pretty damn fine one too! Can't remember the name of the model, but I'm sure Brad will help us out on that one.

Er...hang on a minute...I think it was called the Saratoga...

Yep. Definitely the Saratoga. Just found the ad in question. Looks like this:

Saratoga.jpg

I love that bash. I did the same to a white Mallory 12.50. I'll post it shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner