Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Elephant in the Room - Man Purse

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
You can find many such bags spoken of here. One place to start:
Duluth Pack.

photo-b121-od.jpg

MB5

One of the Regulars
That one has the same general shape, but I am trying to find one with the same details as the one pictured. The leather trim, leather straps go under the flap, rather than over, and unusual shoulder strap attachments.

I did manage to find the other close bag I had seen here, the Barbour Tarras, but the shoulder strap is sewn on and the outer pockets have covers as well.

The Duluth Pack is certainly closer to what I was looking to spend though.
Do you know if the logo is just sewn on or if they glue it on before stitching?

MB5

One of the Regulars
Thanks Feraud!

I guess I will wait to get it until I go on holiday. I wanted the bag for a trip to France, so I will just keep my eyes open when I am over there.

And thank you to every one else as well. If I cannot find the bag, I now have a very good selection of alternatives.

skbellis

One of the Regulars
Czech Man Bag

I found my "Indiana Jones" bag was not adequate for my daily work needs, and in my new job my repro US Army briefcase from Custom Hides is usually overkill so I found this Czech Mapcase from Sportsmans Guide. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=179425 I know it isn't real leather, but is is a perfect size for paperwork and you can't beat the price.

---Scott

BuddyJ

One of the Regulars
I carry a brown corduroy "messenger bag" made by Dickies. It has a single, zip pocket across the bag's flap and one internal compartment with two large inside pockets. It's a very simple design. As a journalist, I need to carry note pads and pens, my cell phone, plus documents relating to stories I'm working on, and it does the trick. As much as I'd like a nice leather briefcase, I cannot afford one that is up to the task and can take the abuse incurred when chasing a hot lead.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Manbag Theme (sung in school if you used anything that wasn't a backpack)

batman.jpg

MANBAAAAAAG!! nananananananana
MANBAAAAAAG!! nananananananana
MANBAAAAAAG!! MANBAAAAAAG!! MANBAAAAAAG!!
(SOCK! POW! ZOK!)

nanananananananana - MANBAAAAAAG!!

celtic

A-List Customer
the only man-purse i own is a sporran.

i use a backpack or briefcase to bring mu junk to work, otherwise i jam things into my pockets.

Harry Pierpont

One of the Regulars
Men carrying bags dates at least back to the 1700's hunters, soldiers carried "possibles" bags to carry extra powder, shot, food, clothing, ETC. When I did Civil War reenacting we carried a "haversack" for food, extra socks, ETC. It was a plain canvas bag with tar on the outside for waterproofing.

mikepara

Practically Family
I can see...

possible times when a bag could and should be carried. However on a day to day basis a bag shouldn't be needed. Ditch some of the crap your carrying. If you really can't do without those items then be man enough to just admit you like carrying a handbag the same as most women. With or without straps and regardless of manly buckles, a handbag's a handbag!

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
My parents were cleaning out the attic and my dad found an old ammo bag, probably 60's era. It's all stiff, not brittle, but you know how that old military stuff gets, like it was left in the back of a Jeep for a few years and soaked up a bunch of dirt and oil. My question is how best to clean it, I was afraid I'd screw it up without getting some sage advice here first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo