Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Middy Thread

crwritt

One Too Many
Ok, so in light of the headaches I have been getting, I let my stylist chop my hair. I feel like I just lost ten pounds, honestly!

Here is a really crappy phone pic so you can get an idea of the length (and how thick my hair truly is).

wpid-IMAG0198.jpg

It looks great! my hair is that thick, but quite wavy.
I hate to say it, but your mention of headaches reminds me of a story my friend told me. As a teen she had waist length
hair and was having headaches. Her parents convinced her to cut it short. Still had headaches. It turned out that she needed glasses!Hope you feel better.

Tatum

Practically Family
Hehe, thanks Colleen! But I know it's the weight of my hair, as I have had neck problems for years and every time I get a haircut the headaches lessen for a while. It also depends on what I do with it; I can leave it long if I leave it down and it doesn't bother me, but a few hours with a ponytail or all the weight in one spot bothers me.

I went through the thinking I needed glasses thing as a kid, and it turns out I have ridiculously good vision. I do have night blindness but it's not as bad as it could be. :)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I have the same hair issues, Tatum. My hair is insanely thick, but also coarse. Great combination if you want big Texas hair. lol I keep mine shorter now, when it was long it was really heavy and the weight would pull it straight (my hair is naturally curly/wavy).

Tatum

Practically Family
FWG, that is the first thing I noticed, that the curl is back! I was so tickled. It might not take a day and a half to dry now either, lol...

Got up this morning and went, "oh crap, much shorter than I had planned!" But it will grow back, it always does ;)

zombi

A-List Customer
Oh my gosh, Rue, that is just gorgeous! That wave at the front is so PERFECT! Lovely. Thanks for sharing your pictures!!

Tatum

Practically Family
Where are your pictures woman! ;)

Set fail so it went up last night... I tried the headband thing again last night for today to see if the length made a difference, just made coffee and trying to wake up so I haven't touched it yet.

:eek:fftopic: Rue, you're behind me now timewise and it's weird! :)

Tatum

Practically Family
Ok, so having no camera other than my huge DSLR or my phone is complicating my photo-taking habits. I'll try to get a pic of it today after I do something with it! The headband came out not so well, but I just did it dry with the pomade left over from the night before.

Rue, I totally feel like you're late... ;)

SheBear74

Practically Family
Well I had tried C-dot's tutorial for the middy last year and I kept cutting and cutting and cutting. lol I ended up with a pixie and hated it... Sooo it's finally longer and I tried it again. This time I was very conservative with how much I took off and I am loving it. It's holding the curl a lot better! :D This is a side view from this morning. I had set it last night in pin curls.
IMG-20110926-00109.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner