Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Modern Life

GreyHaas

New in Town
Hey everyone. I have been collecting vintage everything for as long as I can remember. I have everything from old magazines and books to furniture, clothing, records etc, just like most people here I'm sure. I'm very interested in the everyday life of people back then. Just the normal things such as what artwork would be hanging in your families living room. Unfortunately, as most of you are aware, most people today have a very skewed view of society and culture in the 1930s-60s. I dream of one day opening up a museum to present rooms from the average home, set up just as they would have been back then. Of course that is not really a possibility right now, but I still wanted to share the things I have found and hopefully educate people.

I decided to make a blog about this. I just started it today so there isn't a ton on it, but you can see the direction I'm taking. Any feedback is welcome and contributions would be even better! Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes