Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The morning after...Ow... my eyes...Hangover help.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
While I don't get hangovers, back in the day I found a bowl of hot chili followed by a Banana Fudgesicle™ quite vivifying.;)

Sadly Banana Fudgesicles™ have been discontinued, thus depriving the younger generation their recuperative powers.

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
I used to down two or three Ibuprofen before bed after a binge, but after waking up one morning covered in hives, I figured that wasn't a good solution after all (I'm allergic to both aspirin and Ibuprofen now--thanks, Doc!). Someone told me that the best solution was a milkshake and fries from McDonald's--I have yet to try it. So for me, lots of water. Maybe some Tylenol. And toast.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I did this in Feraud's thread but this is an important public service announcement so here it is again.

The next day I'll drink vast quantities of tea and have a big fry up for breakfast which usually does the trick. However if it's a really bad one (like the one I had yesterday) and you still feel crook, it's time for the heavy artillery in the form of a very, very hot curry. Works every time.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
The best hangover cure is to keep drinking!

At the very least, start your day by adding a shot of whiskey to your coffee :)

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Smithy said:
I did this in Feraud's thread but this is an important public service announcement so here it is again.

The next day I'll drink vast quantities of tea and have a big fry up for breakfast which usually does the trick. However if it's a really bad one (like the one I had yesterday) and you still feel crook, it's time for the heavy artillery in the form of a very, very hot curry. Works every time.

Throw in a lager and you could call it the Red Dwarf treatment.

Feraud

Bartender
Smithy said:
However if it's a really bad one (like the one I had yesterday) and you still feel crook, it's time for the heavy artillery in the form of a very, very hot curry. Works every time.

I suggest no one ever wait for a bad hangover to enjoy hot curry!
:essen:

Hawkcigar

One of the Regulars
The best hangover cure I have tried is a big bowl of Hot and Sour soup from one of the local chinese restaurants. It never fails!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Barbacoa!

It's like Mexican BBQ - slow-roasted lamb or goat, cooked in a stone lined pit, then they catch all the juices and make a spicy consomme with them, which you eat with lots of onion and cilantro and stuff in it. You eat the meat as tacos.
It's worth getting the hangover to have the excuse to gorge yourself on barbacoa.
Menudo is recommended by some, but I have a hard time with the tripe...

I seem to recall that Ibuprofen was not good to take with alcohol in your system, that it was really hard on your liver.
sweetfrancaise said:
I used to down two or three Ibuprofen before bed after a binge, but after waking up one morning covered in hives, I figured that wasn't a good solution after all (I'm allergic to both aspirin and Ibuprofen now--thanks, Doc!). Someone told me that the best solution was a milkshake and fries from McDonald's--I have yet to try it. So for me, lots of water. Maybe some Tylenol. And toast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21