Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The new Aeronautical from Aero Leathers - in Petrol Blue

Want to thank Simonc for being so kind as to show pictures of the Aeronautical. Many liked the jacket; others did not. If not, there is always a diplomatic way of saying so without being overtly rude and obnoxious. IMO there is no reason ever to post an opinion on any forum showing total disregard for someone's purchase expensive or not.

Come on!! This is the INTERNET!! Your supposed to be rude and disdainful of others!! Get out all those aggressions you have to keep bottled up in daily life. Say all those things you wish you could say to those around you without risking a broken nose!
Regress to those days of infancy to fuel the ego !!
(Heavy dose of sarcasm here, in case it was missed.)

Last edited:
Come on!! This is the INTERNET!! Your supposed to be rude and disdainful of others!! Get out all those aggressions you have to keep bottled up in daily life. Say all those things you wish you could say to those around you without risking a broken nose!Regress to those days of infancy to fuel the ego !!(Heavy dose of sarcasm here, in case it was missed.)
You're such a d*ck Jeff lol

smoz

One of the Regulars
I'm not a fan of the Aeromarine to begin with but this to my eyes is bloody unflattering. The fit and sizing doesn't help - looks in that front on shot almost like some fetish quasi-bolero jacket.

I think some of the blues that are all the rage at the mo are nice but this wouldn't be my first pick by a long chalk.

Definitely not my favourite of Aero's new offerings.

In the unlikely event that I ever decide to have a career change and become a professional drag queen then I am stealing the phrase Fetish Quasi-Bolero for use as my stage name.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am always confused when I read threads in the outerwear part of the FL. Do leather jackets attract trolls or do they corrupt the wearer over time?

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
Errr...

You're closer to NYC THAN I AM NOW! But I was born and raised in the "40 Projects" of New York, in South Jamaica, Queens. I might've been a "B&T" to the Manhattan froo froos but what was ours... was ours. I didn't commute... I lived there till I could claw my way out at age 17.

Worf

good sh!t, never change at Jamaica LOL.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
In the unlikely event that I ever decide to have a career change and become a professional drag queen then I am stealing the phrase Fetish Quasi-Bolero for use as my stage name.

In all fairness it'd suit a baddie in Blake's 7 better if they ever do a remake ;)

Many liked the jacket; others did not. If not, there is always a diplomatic way of saying so without being overtly rude and obnoxious. IMO there is no reason ever to post an opinion on any forum showing total disregard for someone's purchase expensive or not.

I don't think anybody was particularly rude or obnoxious. Nobody used expletives nor said they didn't like it without quantifying their opinion. As we all know, not everybody is going to like something. We could all fawn over every single jacket that's posted and this would not only get boring very quickly but turn the board into a leather jacket kumbaya session.

We're all big boys here. Majormajor was always refreshingly direct with his criticisms of jackets in terms of sizing and cut so I'm sure he wouldn't mind a few people disagreeing with how they liked his new jacket.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
In all fairness it'd suit a baddie in Blake's 7 better if they ever do a remake ;)

See what happens when you say things out loud?: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23712001

I don't think anybody was particularly rude or obnoxious. Nobody used expletives nor said they didn't like it without quantifying their opinion. As we all know, not everybody is going to like something. We could all fawn over every single jacket that's posted and this would not only get boring very quickly but turn the board into a leather jacket kumbaya session.

We're all big boys here. Majormajor was always refreshingly direct with his criticisms of jackets in terms of sizing and cut so I'm sure he wouldn't mind a few people disagreeing with how they liked his new jacket.

To me, with a jacket like the Aeronautical, which is a step ahead from the usual stuff we see here, I don't think the fit is really the focus. MM's prefers his form-fitting in this particular style, and that's his call - I'd hardly describe it as beyond the pale even if prefer your jackets Plumbline-esque - and as you say Smithy, he's a big boy and though he's sadly not here for whatever reason, let's face it MM would give a suitably robust defence of his choices. What I think is more interesting, is the colour, hide, and styling.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
See what happens when you say things out loud?: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23712001

To me, with a jacket like the Aeronautical, which is a step ahead from the usual stuff we see here, I don't think the fit is really the focus. MM's prefers his form-fitting in this particular style, and that's his call - I'd hardly describe it as beyond the pale even if prefer your jackets Plumbline-esque - and as you say Smithy, he's a big boy and though he's sadly not here for whatever reason, let's face it MM would give a suitably robust defence of his choices. What I think is more interesting, is the colour, hide, and styling.

Andrew at VLJ (he's Windsock here) made a very good point. This spate of blue jackets seems to have grown out of a post at VLJ of an A-1 made by Japanese company "The Few" which was in a deep, almost navy shade of blue. And now there seems to be a rush on getting blue jackets out to the public from a couple of makers, namely BK and Aero. Like Andrew posted, and for me as well, The Few blue A-1 was a really beautiful deep shade of blue which had great contrasting olive knits, and it looked a million times better than this Aeronautical, subtle yet striking at the same time. But then as I stated I'm not a fan of the Aeromarine and that's merely my opinion.

One thing which is noticeable here at FL since the big Aero hoofluff a year or two back is that it seems to have become very bipartisan round here - you're either in my favourite maker's corner or your not, the old "with us or against us" position. A lot of blokes seem to think that if you don't like an Aero then you're in cahoots with the other mob, and vice versa. And some seem to get seriously wound up if you question their favourite jacket maker.

As I stated at VLJ, I personally don't get this almost religious fervour for particular makers and this need to defend any tiny little comment which could be construed against them. I personally like jackets not labels. I have an Aero and love it (I want a HB Deluxe like Butte's down the line), I love my ELC, and I want a BK Aeronaut. Nothing to do with the particular label, just the fact that I like the style of the individual jacket.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Jackets were made this short so bikers, pilots, cowboys, truckers could sit and the jacket wouldn't roll over their lap, get stuck under their ass and hinder riding, flying, driving. Like it or not, this is how they were worn and why.

That may be true but I don't live in the past. I only take what I like the look of. I'm not roll playing the 1940's at my place. In the end it's just a question of personal taste this jacket length business. I just think short jackets look unflattering no matter what your build or height.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I've been reading the VLJ stuff, and I thought about joining in, but the 'Hate the Hat Club', 'Hate Aero', 'How dare you even question BK' stuff and the general sour tone is pretty off-putting, and it does the site no good at all. I think your comments could be equally applied to there at the moment, if not more so, tbh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner