Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The nicest comment I ever heard

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Javier ,what a wonderful way to show your love to your father. You are remembering your father everyday you wear your hat.

Yes, indeed! Your dad was obviously a good man, Javier and it is great that he is remembered and is still a positive influence in your neighborhood.

JAVIER

Practically Family
Javier ,what a wonderful way to show your love to your father. You are remembering your father everyday you wear your hat.

Yes, indeed! Your dad was obviously a good man, Javier and it is great that he is remembered and is still a positive influence in your neighborhood.

Thank you fellas! oh how I wished I had some of his old fedoras, Panamas and caps... I did have 1 panama from one of my uncles and during my college years I lost it :(
I have 1 cousin who still owns a bodega, and in his store he has a grey Panama fedora hanging on one of the racks, he has had it their close to 20 years in my dad's memory.

Thanks again.

dnjan

One Too Many
Yesterday, while I was walking home, a guy who was stopped at a light rolled down his passenger window, leaned over, and said:
"Nice outfit, my man, nice outfit!

Put a spring in my step for the rest of the walk home!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I had to head out to pick up coffee beans from our local roaster this morning. The coffee beans were ordered, roasted, measured, bagged and ready after placing my order yesterday. They open at 6:00am and I was ready and waiting for the door to be opened. After a brief greeting at the door I headed over to select my roasted beans. Coming up to the register the young lady paused and looked me over. Her eyes narrowed and she looked me over critically. The young lady critically took in all of my short stature. A smile came onto her face and while ringing my purchase in on the register she said, "looking very Mad this morning sir." I thanked her. [huh]

Presumably this was a compliment of association with the Mad Men TV show. I came home and told my wife of the compliment and received a hug and a kiss. Not exactly sure of the inference, or how I looked "Mad," but I am happy.

Feeling "Mad" and happy, Eric -

(BTW: I can only presume that "Looking Mad" consisted of it being 6:00am and dressed in slacks, sport shirt, v-neck, Baracutta, black loafers and my Adam Executive fedora. I will be wearing that outfit more often!)

Last edited:

jbucklin

Practically Family
I am so glad that Mad Men came along. Not only is it one of the greatest TV series ever but has influenced both men and women's fashion.

jbucklin

Practically Family
I am so glad that Mad Men came along. Not only is it one of the greatest TV series ever but has influenced both men and women's fashion.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Many nice and interesting things being told so far, yet I have to wonder, if it would ever be, could it happen, that a nice comment to have take place would be this: "Hey YOU with the fancy hat on, you just won $20,000,000.00 !

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
I got probably my most hilarious compliment today, and then another only a few minutes later!

I went to McDonalds to grab a late dinner and as I got out of my car a pickup with four young guys drove by. The passenger window was open and as they drove by, the young guy's eyes went wide and he pointed at me and yelled, "BALLIN! YO, BALLIN! HOLY F***!"

Then as I was leaving, another young guy was driving by in a souped up compact mazda and he nodded and said, "You're lookin sharp there, man!"

I had a good chuckle, because minutes before I left the house my wife was berating me for my "weird way of dressing" and saying how bad it looked. lol

job

One Too Many
Do you have any pics of how you were dressed.

My wife tells me I dress too nice. She does not want me to look better than her. She sometimes wants to be real casual but I don't.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Do you have any pics of how you were dressed.

My wife tells me I dress too nice. She does not want me to look better than her. She sometimes wants to be real casual but I don't.

stetson001.jpg

Very much like this, except pleated khakis and a white shirt with a standard collar instead of the grey with button down collar. Same hat, same jacket, same tie and pocket square.

Chuck Naill

New in Town
Women comment that they like my fedora. For the younger women, they have not grown up seeing the brimmed hat being worn and I think they like the look on a man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou