Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

decodoll

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
I know this doesn't have much to do with lost items on e-bay, but I wanted to say that I hope Decodoll's cat is OK. Being the owner of two very strange cats, I am fully aware of the money that can be spent at the vet, and the lengths we will go to to give them the care they need. Myself and Hemingway Jone's also broke the bank this week at the vet on our 12 year old Dalmatian, Carmina. She spent 2 nights in the intesive care unit due to congestive heart failure. Glad to say she is home now and doing well.

Thanks, Daisy. I'm glad to hear that your Carmina is doing well. My kitty is doing much better now. He's almost back to his normal self ...just has a cold that he caught at the vet's. Apparently walnuts are quite toxic to cats. Who would have guessed? I don't even like walnuts, so they aren't usually something that would be in the house, but we were given a Christmas cake that had some. I was picking them out as I was eating the cake and he gobbled one up.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Oh my! He got that sick from just one? I'd better keep my kitty away from them too! I think he's a garbage disposal...

decodoll

Practically Family
Actually, I don't even think it was a whole one! Probably more like a quarter. But then, he's tiny....only 7 pounds when we were at the vet and probably only a pound or two more before he got sick. When I looked up information about walnuts and cats on the internet, I found a huge list of things that are bad for cats. Also surprising were garlic and onions! I was relieved to find out he hadn't eaten a piece of thread as we suspected at first. Also very bad for cats, it can get stuck in their intestines causing them to bunch up. The symtoms are exactly the same as the walnut poisoning, but would have required surgery. Unfortunately, he had to undergo a ton of x-rays before they decided that he definitely had not swallowed any foreign objects.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Health insurance for your furry friends

Thanks for the allergy info. I just found out about this company, VPI Pet, they offer insurance for your furry friends. I only wish I had known about this before my Carmina had her heart attack. She now needs special food, and takes 18 pills a day! Pet medicine can cost more than human medicine. I'm not even gonna talk about the bill we got after 2 days in the puppy ICU.
If your cat is still young, pet insurance might be worth it. It can cost as little as $12/month. There web address is http://www.petinsurance.com

decodoll

Practically Family
Thanks for the information. I'm sure the ICU wasn't cheap. I ended up using something called carecredit. I found out about it from my brother who's dog was just diagnosed with cancer. Your vet has to be signed up with them, but depending on the final charges you get between 3 to 12 months to pay the bill without finance charges. The SPCA clinic was nice enough to hold all the bills and charge everything at once so that I would get the longest time possible to pay it all off.

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
oh man! I lost a BUNCH of patterns on ebay about a month or two ago...I was so upset, but with the prices they went for I'm pretty glad I didn't get them.
butterickpatts4.jpg

butterickpatts3.jpg

butterickpatts2.jpg

butterickpatts1.jpg

I also lost a sailor suit pattern from the 40s, much like someone else did, but I found two modern patterns which mimicked the pants, and found a semi-tutorial on how to do the sailor shirt.

Vanessa

One Too Many
humblestumble said:
I also lost a sailor suit pattern from the 40s, much like someone else did, but I found two modern patterns which mimicked the pants, and found a semi-tutorial on how to do the sailor shirt.

Do tell, do tell! I would be that someone who lost the sailor pattern. :cry:

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
Is it possible to copy a pattern? How does one go about it? I picked up a few off ebay and I'd be happy to share and would really love to swap with people for some others. (I am *really* looking for a good suit or one of those cute sailor pants sets. ^_^)

BV

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
hmm... If I were you, I'd try transferring it by hand onto another stiffer peice of paper by the roll. And then take it to kinkos or something...I've never done it, so this would be trial and error...

That or you could do one peice at a time (transfer it to another stiffer paper) and then just make copies of the separate peices.

Vanessa

One Too Many
Simplicity3673.JPG

I hate it when I fall asleep. I guess I'm never going to get one of these sailor type patterns.

Vanessa

One Too Many
You are a doll. Let me know if there's anything in particular you're looking for - I have an unhealthy amount of patterns piling up in my house.

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
Vanessa said:
Simplicity3673.JPG

I hate it when I fall asleep. I guess I'm never going to get one of these sailor type patterns.

Lol, THAT is the pattern I lost. I bid HIGH on it too, but the lucky person who got it paid a ton for it. I was praying that they would after all...because I found out I couldnt pay for it. But this was two months ago.

decodoll

Practically Family
:cry: I lost this yesterday....actually esnipe didn't even get to bid for me because the bid went over my top bid before it even would have done so.... went for a lot higher than I expected!

bc_1.JPG

Naama

Practically Family
35_1.JPG

Well, they are actually not over now, but since they are for a size 6, there's no chance fora unlucky bigfoot like myself...... :( And they are sooooooooo cheap (like 5 something at the moment! and only 23hours left, aaaaaaargh!) can't believe my luck! I will never find 20's shoes in my size (8.5)............................ I'm so sad

Naama

Daisy Buchanan

Vanessa said:
Simplicity3673.JPG

I fell asleep too, but this time I lost yet another overpriced but thought I must have gown. I waited as long as I could, but my eyes just couldn't stay open. So, I put my max bid in at about 1:30 in the morning and prayed that nobody would log on for the end of the auction at 3 AM. I really can't believe the price this went for. I bid way over what I had budgeted for, and ended up losing it by $2.50!! ARRRGH. It looks like most of you ladies are in the same boat as me.
:rage: :rage:

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Hello ladies, I promise to only step into the powder room for a second. If it's old books you want check out Alibris.com, that's all they sell. Almost every time I see an old book on eBay I've been able to scoot over to Alibris and buy it for less without having to bid for it.

Daisy Buchanan

I hate to revitalize this thread but.....

I just lost this on ebay because my computer crashed while bidding with only 1 minute left to go. I had watched this since the day it was posted, and there was no reserve. The person who won it got it for a great price, which makes the loss even worse.:cry: I haven't bought anything from ebay in a few weeks now, and out of shear boardom, was antsy to buy something. I really liked this gown, altough I must admit I don't need it. I already have too many fancy dresses that I have no place to wear to, it would just be another underused piece. But the collector in me came out, and realized the possibiities of this gown. For example if I didn't get to wear it, I could sell it to this little store down the street and easily double my money. Or I could have thirities themed fancy party where the men would wear tops and tails, and the woman could wear their favorite formal looking outfit. I of course would show up in this new number, but I can't because I didn't win it:rage: Well at least I could be able to wear some of the pretty more formal dresses taking up space in my closets. I just love each and everyone of them. It's a shame they are not being used. But I can't bring myself to sell anything.
Well, here's what I lost so sorry for the long dress diatribe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner