Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The STETSON WAY, Advertising and ephemera of the Golden Era

A $90 Stetson in 1948?! Love to have a new, old stock, one of those today :)
Yes....the beginnings of what would soon to be the Stetson 100 (10X).....their BEST top of the line, supposed to be 100 percent beaver......(though there is still some debate about that), little debate about the high quality and finish of those (and the 7X's).
M

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
In 1948 there were TWO Ray Millands........one wearing the Stetsonian and one wearing the sporty Stetson "Casual"......BOTH available for $10!!
Oh yes, in the top picture the girl is wearing the Stetson "Thoroughbred" available for $12.95;)
M
View attachment 101389
The young lady looks like she's seen something that, as we say today, "You can't unsee."

A little worse for wear....just arrived from France......a French ad for Stetson showing all the Paris and French dealers......1929.
M
20180303_102844.jpg

Ok, here are some early Stetson Factory Picture Cards.......not sure of the date....suspect the 20's or earlier.
I just got 70...YES...SEVENTY of these:eek::eek:....SO....Fellow Loungers who like Stetson history.....Send me a PM with your address and I will sent you one in an envelope!!!!!!:):):):):):):):) This offer good until I exhaust 55 or so.........
AND I do not want to see them listed on EBAY!!!!!!o_O;)
M
View attachment 107846

Further research indicates these are from right around 1920 and no later than about 1925.
I DO still have a lot of these left. So...if you want one........PM me.
Also, to those whom I have sent a card...PLEASE let me know if it arrived safely.......
Best,
M

Quick note.....lets keep this thread "internet scrounge/troll free" and limit posts to ads we own. I do not mean to offend anyone but We could load it up quick with undocumented internet images or reproductions. I know I spend a lot of money and time collecting and documenting my collection. Images from museum collections are fine......
Thanks,
M

1922 and we have some really great Stetson hats....:):):):):):)
Note the test sample hats......they did this then much like the promo and test hats now.....never saw in an ad thought .....they do talk about the employee contests for hat design in the employee newsletter "the Hat Box".
Note also the "porkpie" style......now remember....this was 1922......
M:)
20180409_174219.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner