Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi Leathers, thoughts?

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Hi Guys,
Ive been looking at some of this gear since Carrie and Wade bought them to the attention of FL. I really like this jacket. I know its not a traditional Café Racer as such, but I really dig it. What are your thoughts? Comes with Talon zip, and a few leather choices, Im looking at probably a brown horse, its quite dark, but I think it would age nicely...what do you guys think? MTC12796_1.jpg MTC12796_1.jpg

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
G'day HD. I don't think this one is hh, but they have a brown or black hh option. I like the idea of added length. I'm waiting on answers to. Few questions via email. I'm finalising a d pocket with johnson leathers, and I'm not sure I need another d pocket, this just really caught my eye...insurrection are bringing in some thedi racers, not his one though, it just really appeals to me. Not a classic racer I guess....

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Showed Carrie, and she suggested I order hrough Thedi. They are doing other Thedi racers, not this one...

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Any pics of it being worn open? Looks to me like it might be a bit awkward when worn open and I'm guessing unless riding thats how you would wear it most of the time.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Hadnt thought of that, but your right......I do ride, but part of the appeal of the cafe jackets, is wearing it socially, more so than a perfecto style jacket which I would only wear on a decent ride...

rus1980

Familiar Face
I like shorter jacket.. I'm interested in seeing and hearing more info about the Thedi jackets myself.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
They are pretty helpful, and are quick with email replies. The gent sent me several detailed pics, and they are made one at a time for each customer, so you can customize. They also have a lovely looking chain wallet, and a few other interesting pieces.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
My initials are BK, so in a sense, they will be! However, I'm unsure of those details. Curious that Carrie has said they are using specialty hh etc for thurston bros models. I'm trying to get to the bottom of it with Theo, as I'm unable to order said model through Carrie....

I suppose the simple solution would be to ask Andy on the dedicated BK thread. I just assumed that BK was making only jackets under the BK label...but perhaps they do offer certain jackets under another name. [huh]
HD

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I thought it was Andy and Platon designed their jackets in-house but worked with an external manufacturer - it seems to be a very good partnership from some of the recent ones. [huh] Happy to be corrected. I don't thinks any biggie.

andyfalzon

Vendor
I thought it was Andy and Platon designed their jackets in-house but worked with an external manufacturer - it seems to be a very good partnership from some of the recent ones. Happy to be corrected. I don't thinks any biggie.

Hi Guys,
We make the jackets in-house. Our boutique was established in the 1980s making fashion jackets for men and women. BK brand started in 2008 with Platon's contribution to offer flight jackets. The fashion leather jacket business is dead now due to the crisis, so we are focusing on flight jackets and vintage style jacket repros only. We have no relation with Thedi. Heard the name in this forum first time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou